Toyo Proxes T1-R only £63.48 !

LiamGTR

Personally they are the cheapest i've seen.

Yes they are 205/40/17 instead of /45 but for the price, I wouldn't complain and they'll even offer more discount if you buy 2 or 4 if you ring up or email them.

http://www.blackcircles.com/catalogue/toyo/proxes-t1-r/205/40/R17/W/84/m?returnurl=%2forder%2ftyres%3fversion%3d2.0%26width%3d205%26profile%3d40%26rim%3d17%26speed%3dAny

They are going to look small when you put them on. I ran with 215/40/17s for a while and hated them, these will look a tiny bit smaller still. It's a good price but just be aware that they might not be the most comfortable or best looking under the arches ;)

Too small for a Gen 7, and any saving on purchase will be negated by lower MPG.

Smaller Rolling Radius = Lower MPG ?

Falken ZE912's - £64.50 each

http://www.camskill....5R17_88W_XL_TL_

Now this is a better deal, correct size too :)

Falkens get 79% on tyre review and Toyo's get 75%

Having went from toyo's to PZero's to Falkens (all correct 205/45/17), in my opinion the Falkens are the worst of the bunch but quite a lot, i'm by NO means a 'racer' and will never admit to knowing anything about cars or anything about driving, but I can certainly tell when a tyre has grip and the Falkens have the worst of the 3 IMO

Having went from toyo's to PZero's to Falkens (all correct 205/45/17), in my opinion the Falkens are the worst of the bunch but quite a lot, i'm by NO means a 'racer' and will never admit to knowing anything about cars or anything about driving, but I can certainly tell when a tyre has grip and the Falkens have the worst of the 3 IMO

That's cool, everyone has a preference :)

P.s. Thanks for the offer though! Hopefully some will chose the Falkens over some chinese brand and then they will definitely see the difference in a well known branded tyre compared to osme £30/40 chinese death traps for the different of only a few quid

Edited by LiamGTR

Having went from toyo's to PZero's to Falkens (all correct 205/45/17), in my opinion the Falkens are the worst of the bunch but quite a lot,

Am I right in thinking you haven't had the Falkens very long?, wait until the weather warms up and I think you'll notice an improvement grip wise. Most tyres like a bit of heat in them.

Smaller rolling radius = lower MPG..yes.

Am I right in thinking you haven't had the Falkens very long?, wait until the weather warms up and I think you'll notice an improvement grip wise. Most tyres like a bit of heat in them.

Yea I bought the new tyres in time for winter (or what I thought was gonna be winter! - No snow here!).

Yep - because it means that for one rotation of the wheel, the car travels less distance, so you need more rotations of the wheel to travel the same number of miles.

Will also marginally improve acceleration and reduce top speed (not that hitting top speed is an issue on the roads!)

Not strictly, there's a theoretical 64.4mm difference in rolling circumference with between a wheel wearing a 205/40/17 to one with a 205/45/17 which is a 3.3% difference.

A larger wheel requires more torque to get it moving from stationary/lower speed so you'd have to be travelling a long distance at a constant speed to notice any difference, which in reality would be outweighed by the stop/start losses.

If larger wheels equalled better fuel economy you'd have priuses rolling on 20's yo!

modified-toyota-prius-hybrid-car-side-custom-serious-disc-brake-20-inch-forged-rims-toyo-tyres-1.JPG

3.3% doesn't sound much, but the difference on the road with 205/40 would be dramatic. I've tried 215/40, 205/45, and 215/45 on the front of my 140. I'm currently running 215/40 (helps the acceleration slightly), and I can tell in 6th gear on the motorway, that the revs are higher when cruising with the slightly smaller rolling radius. Not having VSC, means I can mix sizes front to back, so 215/45's give some comfort on the rear.

One thing ive thought is that we should time to time arrange group buy on tyres....everyone needs them and they are expensive.

should be able to arrange GB on toyos and eagle F1 since they seem to be the best/ highest rated tyres. even if its for a variety of sizes, the fact that camskill or another company know that they will get 10 orders of t1r and 10 of eagle f1 should warrant some kind of discount?

does anyone on here sell tyres? as in any of the corp members?

EDIT: just sent and email to camskill and tyre shopper to ask them if it would be possible. even running it every 6 months could save people some money- I would rather buy tyres and keep them in my shed if i got them at a good GB price than have to buy expensiveones when I really need them.

will see what tyre shopper come back and say- if they say no then I really advise people to sign up to top chasback since I got £26.30 back for ordering 2 goodyear eagle f1 tyres so overall they worked out less than £100 fitted per tyre where as usually they are £110-£115.

I have a referal link in my other thread in the general discussion titled £26.30 back etc....

camskill got back to me and said no they wont offer a GB price.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.