Found this at a local Scrappy, Please Save Her

Booth

I was browsing a scrappy near Whitchurch in Shropshire and found this

2012-01-09134842.jpg

2012-01-09134828.jpg

2012-01-09134907.jpg

Its only the NA one but I dont care this car does not belong here :( Some please go pick it up and give it to a proper home.

In the same scrap yard I also found 2 Gen 5s, 1 Mk2 MR2 and a RX7

It does make me sad when I see nice perfomance cars sat in a yard rusting to death. Its not pretty :(

I believe that more or less a whole generation of cars were lost due to that f*cking stupid idea.

Not handy for people that like a 2nd hand car of a certain vintage.

And yeah, it's always sad to see cars like that in the scrappy. :(

car can never be put back on the road, but scrappys keep them around for a bit to sell of parts, all scrap yards will sell you a complete car under the premise that it cannot be returned to the road

Yeah it was at Furbers just outside whitchurch. There is so many cars there!

Tis a shame to watch it rot, cant it at least be sent to a jap scrappy where it may get taken apart better and sold to the right person.

Its nothing to what it used to be. Used to have cars stacked about 5 high and you had to just climb around trying to get what you want. Seen some rare stuff there over the years.

Like you say such a shame for it to sit there it will likely sit there for another couple months they if they can be bothered then might rip the engine out though it on the pile with the rest and then crush the rest.

Such a shame.

Apparently alot of the 80's Jap stuff that was in scrap yards up until about 5 years ago was crushed as it was worth more when the scrap metal prices went up. This is why you no longer see cars stacked up to 5 high in scrappys and one of the reasons I had to sell my 1985 Nissan Cherry Turbo, i needed some interior bits and bobs that were discontinued and I couldn't find ANY in the scrap yards, this was the reason I was given :(

Hang on, on this not been allowed to put a scrapped car back on the road:

What's stopping you from buying the car, getting one which is already on the road which is in awful condition, completely stripping both and basically putting every single part off the scrapped car onto the chassis of the 'roadworthy' one? Won't it just work off the chassis number? Or have I completely missed the point? :huh:

Granted what I describe is a hell of a lot of work, but you'd have to do some serious work to the car in the first post to get it restored like new anyway!

it cant be helped

the wheels are off , this means it was picked up by a forklift and the wheels removed , the sills will be new and interesting shapes and the floor pan may also have a different aspect to toyotas ideas ,,,, sideways pin striping , the exhaust may also be donald ducked

Hang on, on this not been allowed to put a scrapped car back on the road:

What's stopping you from buying the car, getting one which is already on the road which is in awful condition, completely stripping both and basically putting every single part off the scrapped car onto the chassis of the 'roadworthy' one? Won't it just work off the chassis number? Or have I completely missed the point? :huh:

Granted what I describe is a hell of a lot of work, but you'd have to do some serious work to the car in the first post to get it restored like new anyway!

nope correct , the chassis is attached to the reg number so yes you could do this , friggin lot of work involved and a fair few grand

only other thing that can be done is to errrr cheat , perminatly export the car for a few months then bring it back in and register it asking for a different number to the last one that was used IF they suss it , this avoids the scrappage scheme , there is no way of unregistering a car in the uk so its about as close as you can get

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.