MOT's and HID's

annibee

Osrams are fine and perfectly legal. I literally can't wait until the HID factory blows up...I fucking HATE hids. Used by selfish, show off wankers.

Yup, that would be me :twisted:

And they look feckin awsome :thumbs:

But they're only hated by uptight, dull c-nuts

Kept my old bulbs so 5 min swap prior to mot, sorted

Love the hid's though, especially whe people flash me, i just whack on my full beams and front fogs also fitted with hid's :twisted:

Flash me now MOTHERF##KER!

You are my pet hate!! :P

Kept my old bulbs so 5 min swap prior to mot, sorted

Love the hid's though, especially whe people flash me, i just whack on my full beams and front fogs also fitted with hid's :twisted:

Flash me now MOTHERF##KER!

Not very friendly is it? I have HIDs in my 6, they've passed MOT's (we see if they pass in June) and as far as I know they don't dazzle anyone. If you're getting flashed it could be they need adjustment.

ive had hids in for about 3 years,never been flashed once and i do about 15k miles a year,nothing wrong with 6000k hids no diffrent from a upgraded headlight bulb so dont see what the problem is?

makes me laugh when people moan about them then go and buy 80% brighter headlight bulbs???

Edited by looney

Only +80%

Mine are all Plus 120% and fully legal. Nice white light. Long beam.

I've nought against HIDs properly fitted but I must admit most around me are lighting the universe and not the road. On full beam at zero setting my +480% fry the idiots when I flash.

It's about fitment at the end of the day and if they are secure in the hole and of a legal colour then what's the problem??? The only aftermarket HID's that have dazzled me are put on cars with reflective lights as opposed to projectors, and the worst of the lot are stuck on land rovers and range rovers - but wait, they come standard!!!

Mine are fitted tight and secure, plus for extra safety i just adjust them from in the cabin to as low as possible.

120% even worse than hids then probs,if not at least the same,so you cant really moan because your headlights are prob just as bright as mine or anyone else on here with hids,as ive said never been flashed once in 3 years,rant at the people in saxos and cosras sure,but i dont think people should rant at people who have them fitted and set up correctly,if your pissed off about them take it up with the chavs

I find the HID light easier to look at than Halogen; I'd even rather be dazzled by a misaligned HID than a misaligned halogen (especially +80/120/whatever% power ones!). BUT thats just me, and I'm sure the argument will rage on forever and a day. :lol:

Anyways, as for the MOT/HID issues, as has been covered the manual merely states if the washers/levellers are fitted, they have to work, not that they MUST be fitted.

http://www.motuk.co.uk/manual_170.htm

Vehicles equipped with High Intensity Discharge (HID) or LED dipped beam headlamps may be fitted with headlamp washers and a suspension or headlamp self levelling system.

Where such systems are fitted, they must work

All these rules started 1st January 2012 but not to be applied until 6 April 2012. Your steering lock is now testable. Led lights use the 50% rule so if half light when swiched on they pass. This does not count for number plate lamps with multiple bulbs as they all have to work. It was Porch that had a word with the HID law and won. So now some sports cars dont need self leveling head lamps. Brake force percentages have been raised on later vehicles. Vosa are still looking into the 4,2,2 rule for mots. First mot after 4 years then every 2 years until 10 years old wich is then every year as now.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.