I need to prove my wife wrong re: child seats in g7

right guys and gals i cannot get the toyota baby seat as they no longer make them..... :(

could anyone recommend a new born rear face child seat rather than me trying every seat in mother care? (yes i am a lazy t@at)

I ave just realised this is the worst thread ever lol

Not the worst thread by far buddy. I've seen the toyota child seats advertised on eBay before, maybe there is a contact number you could try?

I was in a similar position to yourself very recently, unfortunately my girlfriend has now had her second miscarriage so I'm in no hurry to sell the Celica off just yet, also what with using child seats belongning to our nephews recently proved that it can be done easy, and there would be loads of access if my drivers seat would slide forward when I asked it....

found this in Honest John.

The seat they sell for newborns is the European version of the Britax model, branded Romer. THis fits into the back seat, in the deep bucket, perfectly and is better than the Britax as the model has a slightly smaller back section allowing the seatbelt to fit. We got it checked and approved by Mothercare so its legit!

WE ordered it from the Toyota garage, for a not so bad price of £116 and now means we have a second available car. For those Celica owners reading this you will know they have a massive boot and i can safely say that having this seat and the big boot means this is almost as practical as my Golf!

found this in Honest John.

The seat they sell for newborns is the European version of the Britax model, branded Romer. THis fits into the back seat, in the deep bucket, perfectly and is better than the Britax as the model has a slightly smaller back section allowing the seatbelt to fit. We got it checked and approved by Mothercare so its legit!

WE ordered it from the Toyota garage, for a not so bad price of £116 and now means we have a second available car. For those Celica owners reading this you will know they have a massive boot and i can safely say that having this seat and the big boot means this is almost as practical as my Golf!

thanks GR

so its a Britax Romer or Romer (not britax)?

i will have to search the internet as mr T do not do any baby seats now all discontinued (thats 0-8months)

thanks again

You could try this (Chicco Keyfit), Mothercare have them and I found someone using one with an 03 celica, at least with Mothercare you could send it back. (not ISOFIX though it seems)

http://www.mothercar...=keyfit&x=0&y=0

Just had another search looks like amazon do the same seat for 80 quid.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dbaby&field-keywords=chico+keyfit&x=0&y=0

From

http://www.car-seat....ead.php?t=65789

"We have a 2003 Toyota Celica and use the Chicco Keyfit car seat for our son. One bonus was that the handle on the Chicco can remain upright which makes a little additional room for the passenger in the front seat."

Edited by johnsg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.