Beware 2012

Toyota:

E10 petrol is cleared for use in all Toyota European petrol models made from January 1998, excluding:

Avensis 2.0 L with engine 1AZ-FSE made between July 2000 and October 2008.

Avensis 2.4 L with engine 2AZ-FSE made between June 2003 and October 2008.

Toyota:

E10 petrol is cleared for use in all Toyota European petrol models made from January 1998, excluding:

Avensis 2.0 L with engine 1AZ-FSE made between July 2000 and October 2008.

Avensis 2.4 L with engine 2AZ-FSE made between June 2003 and October 2008.

:(

So unless I’m missing something this means that all of us with pre 98 cars will just have to scrap them and get something newer, or presumably find a way of installing a new engine into the shell which is bound to cost far more than its worth!?! :unsure: In other words all but the Gen 7’s will become extinct overnight!!! :(

That just sucks like hell and frankly just seems like another government scam to make us all go out and buy new motors :angry: :angry: :angry:

So unless I’m missing something this means that all of us with pre 98 cars will just have to scrap them and get something newer, or presumably find a way of installing a new engine into the shell which is bound to cost far more than its worth!?! :unsure: In other words all but the Gen 7’s will become extinct overnight!!! :(

That just sucks like hell and frankly just seems like another government scam to make us all go out and buy new motors :angry: :angry: :angry:

They want us all driving them small dreadfull boxes ..

After some more digging about on other forums... discovered this...

http://www.gtr.co.uk...m-skylines.html

Hopefully there is hope for us.

I also think is is just a way to get people to go out and buy a horrible new car, personally i don't like any of the cars produced lately, I feel for those that own proper classic cars.. Gen 1-4's etc etc. If my car wouldn't run on E10.. I would look at legal action as a possibility or at the very least the government to pay for any engine work or for the outlay of getting a new car.. Afterall.. if my car is legal and safe then they are discriminating against those that can't run the new formula.

Edited by Southernspeeder

ok if this helps

petrol has vrs chemicals in it that do vrs things , back in the day lead was added as a lubricant , when a valve opens and closes it slams into its opposing face , the lead would line between the valve and the valve seat acting as a cushion , when leaded became removed then older cars had a chance of accelerated wear , this only effected the valve seat though and it was and is possible to simply recut it and line with harder materials

i would assume the same things happening , i cant see the viscosity ( thickness ) being any different so that rules out fuel lines and injectors , flash values would also be almost unchanged i would have thought so really i can only see the lubrication issues being the main problem , if this is all it turns out to be then simply expect your valve faces to wear out every 50 thou , a pain in the arse so sort out and would cost approx 400 to sort out if you dont fancy rebuilds , the only other thing it could be would be air/fuel mixture which would require the car to need to run rich as a bastard , given most of the gens run rich anyway its not a bad thing and we may not notice anything at all

It's not just older cars though, pretty much all fuel lines can be troubled by the current bio content, let alone seeing it go up to 10%. My old man has had various seals and lines break up on all manner of cars and bikes over the last couple of years, it's one thing I'll be renewing when Rufus's engine bay gets done!

:xmas_laugh: You just wan't an excuse to get rid of your 6...

well you have to admit this is a little worrying,part of the goverments ploy on us buying new cars to boost sales figues no doubt,oh merry xmas :xmas_laugh: i really dont wanna have to do another poll lol

Edited by looney

Unless i'm wrong my 96 p 3-sge engine is exactly the same as fitted into a 98 s or t plate.

The only models listed as unable to use the new, hippy tree hugging fuel are the avensis with latter 1az-fse and 2az-fse engines.

So mine should be fine. :shrug:

tbh i don't see the point in saving the planet if we all gotta be as grey as John Major and drive around in shoe boxes :angry:

:xmas_laugh: You just wan't an excuse to get rid of your 6...

Electric powered Gen 6 :hysterical:

Mook has beat me too this, but yea, just dawned on me this morning that this could screw up my beautiful old Honda Shadow bike as well :xmas_mad: :xmas_mad: :xmas_mad:

I’ve got to say if I’m forced to get rid of the Celica due to stupid fuel I certainly shan’t be buying a new car! I shall find the cheapest piece of junk I can that just gets from a-b and that I don’t care about. On the plus side I’ll have lots of spare time and cash that currently gets spent on the 6 :xmas_laugh:

1 and a half words.... "Fuck 'em"

Those with JDM's can't get premium fuel at every petrol station, sometimes pull up and have to go elsewhere or suffer the terrible ticking noise.... This will be the same thing as that, just have to occasionally hunt for a different place to get fuel. I'm sure it won't be an issue.

If its gonna fuck up the seals and shit in cars, it'll fuck up the seals and shit in petrol stations... So everything from the tanks to the pump will need to be uprated... The government won't pay for that.... Surely not in our economic climate? The places won't pay it... Even BP won't be a fan of ripping up their forecourt leaving their stations out of action for days only so they can sell shit at the same profit as before, but obviously minus a massive chunk to enable them to....

This is one of those ideas thrown about that sounds like a great idea in the houses of parliament, but once they step out of their suits they realise the implications.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.