Help - Gen 5 question urgent

arizona

L reg ST182

has standard alarm but does that have immobiliser? insurance is being sticky grrr

Edited

Now they want to know the exact make of alarm, and immobiliser (if it has one) or they wont insure it

told them it will be standard toyota but no thats not good enough as its pre 1995 they have to have all details , now am sifting through all paperwork trying to find some info

ffs why couldnt that have been simple :angry:

Edited by arizona

Sorry to hear that . Insurance can be a pain with things like this .

I may be wrong but i thought toyotas standard system was tvss-lllb don't no if it as a immobilliser on as standard . my jdm 1991 st182 didn't have 1 just an alarm .

Which i have replaced with a gemini system alam & immobilliser cat 1.sorry i couldn't be of much help

Thanks guys, i'm thinking there's no immobiliser as well.

Yes i said to the guy it would be standard toyota system but apparently if car is older than 1995 they need exact spec now

Have looked up the one Shaun suggested but i can only find info relating to gen 6 when i googled it so now i'm not sure :shrug:

All i had to do last time i changed car details was change reg etc online and job done. Morethan want you do it over the phone and ask a million questions.

I've looked through all paperwork etc and can find no info regarding any alarm standard or otherwise :cry:

Thanks guys, i'm thinking there's no immobiliser as well.

Yes i said to the guy it would be standard toyota system but apparently if car is older than 1995 they need exact spec now

Have looked up the one Shaun suggested but i can only find info relating to gen 6 when i googled it so now i'm not sure :shrug:

All i had to do last time i changed car details was change reg etc online and job done. Morethan want you do it over the phone and ask a million questions.

I've looked through all paperwork etc and can find no info regarding any alarm standard or otherwise :cry:

Which insurance co is that with? Sounds like they're just being gimps. TBF though it wasn't until 96ish that immobilisers really became the norm. Pretty sure no Gen5 has an immobiliser as standard, none of mine have had one.

Which insurance co is that with? Sounds like they're just being gimps. TBF though it wasn't until 96ish that immobilisers really became the norm. Pretty sure no Gen5 has an immobiliser as standard, none of mine have had one.

Sounds like their being gimps to me too. Its MoreThan who i'm currently insured with on the vert, all i wanted to do was swap over the insurance while its off the road for the winter as current insurance runs til April

simple i thought

cant go any further until i can tell him what the alarm is, factory fitted is not enough for them he went and checked with the underwriter

for two pins i'd cancel it and start again but it'll cost more to do that, they will only offer me £30 refund if i cancel the policy and i didnt do in installments but up front so i dont really want to be starting again when it should be a case of switching from one car to another

MY insurance co just asked if it was factory or aftermarket and at the time was just the factory 1 with out immobilliser didn't realy take any notice of what make it was when it got replaced with the gemini system or if it was even a factory 1 to be honest .

I just no it had an alarm on when i got it

Well have just spoken to a fella at Abbey Toyota

He tried looking it up, then asking someone else and was told that they didnt come with a factory fitted alarm but were fitted with alarm at the dealers so were varying types

His best suggestion was to have a new one fitted :cry:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.