Uniroyal Rainsport 2's ....

Serratia

I currently have a set of 215 40 17 Goodyear Eagle F1s GSD3's. Rated 87Y for speed.

I'm about to buy a set of Uniroyal Rainsport 2's 215 45 17's, but there are two types on Camskill:

215 45 17 91W

and

215 45 17 87W

Now I know the "W" is the speed rating but what do the "91" and the "87" mean?? They are basically the same price but I just wondered which to get as I need them ASAP due to frost on the road this morning.

Cheers peeps ;)

Get extra load! Helps if you go over pot holes since sidewalls are stiffer. if same price or not much more

All to do with dynamic loading-not static. Dynamically you tyre could see well over 700kg. Mira must have since I got extra load and a pot hole was so bad is bulged the sidewall on both sides of the car!

I had these on my MX5 and found the grip level to be fantastic. So much so that the 130bhp could not unstick them anymore for roundabout hoonery, so I put them on the front and put the more worn tyres on the back :twisted:

Had these tyres fitted on Saturday. Have done 20miles so far and I am absolutely bowled over by how well these tyres perform particularly in the wet. I've always run quality tyres and have used Goodyear eagle F1 GSD3s for the last 5 years and they were quite good but the uniroyals kick their arse. I would highly recommend these. I got them from Camskill for £336.76 delivered for a set of 4. £55 for fitting including New valves and balancing. One last thing they also got tested in sleety/slushy conditions on Saturday and they didn't lose grip once despite my best efforts :)

Edited by Serratia

• 5 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.