Tread depth on new tyres ?

BenMMellor

Anyone know the depth of tread on a brand new tyre?

My current tyres are down to 4mm on the front and 6mm on the back and it might be time to fit some new boots as the weather changes.

I've currently got Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3's fitted (been on for 3yrs now) and been really happy with them. Seems that they're pushing the Eagle F1 Asymmetrics these days, but I can get GSD3's from a couple of places still.

Just got to decide if I replace all 4 or just the front 2 for the 'winter' driving I will need to do when I can't rob the CRV off Andrea. Think I only went out in my Celica about 3 times last winter!

Cheers Bryan - saves me spending money before Xmas, but thought it might be wise to have some decent tread on the '202 if I need to use it when we start to get snow!

hmm - new tyres always seems to look deep tread to me. Then again the CRV is parked next to it and has loads off tread. Might brave the cold and measure the nearly new Falkens on the RA28

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.