Big thanks to Adex

arizona

The bootmobile proved to be somewhat of a pain to sort out the braking system on but after rounded bolts, etc etc to tackle and at least two evenings when i came home from work to find him out there in the drizzle working by torchlight she is fixed :greenjumpers: Top Man for patience, skill and perseverence :thumbs:

This was the scene on saturday afternoon when Wickie came round to see us, and not forgetting Mr Rizla too, a mini celica meet on my birthday topped off with bacon, egg n cheese sarnies as a celebratory finish to the bitch of a job that was, and Wickie showed me something you guys dont know about yet, but i'm not spoiling the surprise B)

IMAG0251.jpg

I need to charge up the battery now so i can take her for a testdrive round the block, but fingers crossed no probs , get the tyres swapped over for the winter ones and she's good to go

And a great surprise b'day pressie from Ade , the mesh grill i wanted for the vert , cheers again mate for that

And lucky girl got a super 3 layer winter car cover for the verts winter storage among my pressies , woohoo i love birthdays :greenjumpers:

3 litre Capri = cool !who's is that then,also like to know more about the car cover as I want a new one.....

The farmer here owns it, an ebay buy to remind him of his youth :laugh2:

The car cover is a Halfords Advanced All Seasons Car Cover, 3 layer breathable to prevent condensation. I havent taken it out of the bag yet as its vacuum packed, no way will it go back in there i bet

is it actually a 3.0 or is it the 2.8. so many people claim they have a 3.0 capri and up with the bonnet and boom no you dont you actually have the much better 2.8 :P

Edited by Briano

sounds like the carb then so it is a 3.0 pretty rare in itself as most people opted for the fuel injected 2.8 as it was more powerfull, but i remember speaking to someone who said you can fit bigger carbs on the 3.0 v6 and it becomes a monster

The bootmobile proved to be somewhat of a pain to sort out the braking system on but after rounded bolts, etc etc to tackle and at least two evenings when i came home from work to find him out there in the drizzle working by torchlight she is fixed :greenjumpers: Top Man for patience, skill and perseverence :thumbs:

Aw shucks! :blush: No worries Jan, my pleasure. :D

Got to say, my appreciation for gen 5's has really grown this past week!

Might even consider getting one myself one day - would have to drop a 3rd gen 3S from a gen 6 in there though...

or maybe my beams, or a v6, or...

I'm doing it again, aren't I!?! :D

sounds like the carb then so it is a 3.0 pretty rare in itself as most people opted for the fuel injected 2.8 as it was more powerfull, but i remember speaking to someone who said you can fit bigger carbs on the 3.0 v6 and it becomes a monster

Lol, i wont tell the farmer that - he cant see a hand in front of his face :rolleyes:

Aw shucks! :blush: No worries Jan, my pleasure. :D

Got to say, my appreciation for gen 5's has really grown this past week!

Might even consider getting one myself one day - would have to drop a 3rd gen 3S from a gen 6 in there though...

or maybe my beams, or a v6, or...

I'm doing it again, aren't I!?! :D

:laugh2: good job there isn't a space on your drive just now , hurry up and get rid of that rx7, room for another project :thumbs:

:laugh2: good job there isn't a space on your drive just now , hurry up and get rid of that rx7, room for another project :thumbs:

I'm probably the only person in history to have uttered the phrase " I can't wait to get rid of that bloody RX7!"

We'll have to get together round yours again soon & I'll bring the faff this time!

Then it'll be a ST, a GT, a vert & a faff, all of them silver!

Would look awesome as a convoy on the way to a show!

I'm probably the only person in history to have uttered the phrase " I can't wait to get rid of that bloody RX7!"

We'll have to get together round yours again soon & I'll bring the faff this time!

Then it'll be a ST, a GT, a vert & a faff, all of them silver!

Would look awesome as a convoy on the way to a show!

:thumbs: Definately + JAE campover looks fun too, be a good one to go to. And pics definately once the faffs out and about

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.