Gen 7 Door Speaker

Mek

My Door speaker wasn't working so ams kindly supplied me with a new one whcih i have just come to fit this morning. The only problem is, that this speaker doesn't work. I have scoured the car for a fuse box that has a fuse for the driver door speaker, but i can find none.

Is there a fuse for the drivers side door speakers? If so, where is it?

I rang toyota and they didn't seem to really know and said that it could be the speaker that's dodgy as they didnt "think that they are wired seperately" as the radio and all the other speakers work fine.. Anyone got any experience of this?

advice very much appreciated

The most likely cause would be a break in the speaker wire between the head unit and speaker . Run a pair of wires from the unit to the speaker to test. If it then works re wire the speaker disguarding the original wire to the said door speaker

i had a bit of a play around with the electrics and it appears there is a break in the wiring between the headunit and the speaker itself.

is there anyone who is experienced at electrical wring in celicas and would be kind enough to lend me some of their time one weekend to help me get the door speaker working? Payment can be made in beer or whatever else :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.