Shell V Power fuel

ismith61

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't it all to do with the octane rating? Higher the better.. So obviously if you use a lower octane level its bad for your car and for the performance.

I heard in Japan is the only place you get full octane petrol, next best is Shell V-Power.

I personally have never used it because I'm still only an apprentice and can hardly afford the car! But i try to use Shell only as they're, from what I hear, the best quality petrol providers..

• 1 month later...

I work in the fuel industry, try to stay clear of supermarket fuel. They negotiate a price around 1p per litre cheaper from the distributor & therefore get an inferior product to your franchise & company owned sites. Shell V-Power is one of the best premium fuels out there for the quality of fuel but it all depends on how its stored. If the tanks are old they are single skinned steel & more often than not have a build up of crap in the bottom which then gets transferred to yours.

If the fuel you put in your car is really important to you then id advise filling up at the newest looking oil company site on your journey. Hope that helps.

EDIT. Forgot to mention about Morrisons, they dont like spending money on their forcourts so alot of them have poor quality tanks & filters. Not saying avoid them at all costs, just something to bear in mind.

was going to say the same. supermarket stuff mite be a couple of pence cheaper but i am getting better milage and the car runs much better than it did when i was using supermarket stuff.

I've been really interested in this thread ever since I first read it so I'm doing my own little test. I've run a full tank of Supermarket petrol and got 311 miles from as close to a full tank as I dare get! I filled up with V Power yesterday and reset the trip computer so we'll see how I get along!

I drive a relatively short difference to work and back in irritating rush hour traffic through the city centre so I don't expect amazing mpg, I do take the same route every day so it should be a relatively fair test.

After running the car with V Power to work and back a few times now it definitely feels much smoother, and I gotta say that it feels like described in the first post, i.e. the engine feels like it pulls a little better so I don't need to get up the revs so high before changing gear. I think this is just placebo myself, but it does definitely seem to run much smoother

Well as I've said before I can only use 99 ron fuel, so I'm stuck with V-Power or Tesco 99. As I have my Apexi controller on display I'm able to monitor parameters while driving. I have seen that I get lower knock figures & smoother revs and better performance from V-Power. Plus better mileage, as having my car means you watch your fuel to mileage alot!

I've tried higher octane fuel a couple of times and it does seem more responsive, but I just use std 95 from supermarket as a rule. Never had any problems, get between 35 and 41 mpg depending on driving style/route/weather. Personally don't believe the statement that supermarket fuel is shit!

Not yet tried any of the premium V type fuels but I sure notice a difference in normal pump fuel to supermarket fuel. Recently Morrisons were doing 6p / ltr off so I did the deed and brimmed the tank. I got about 65 miles less to a tank full on that crap than I did using the standard Shell fuel I tend to use. so, not using mMorrisons stuff ever again on the Gen 6.

I was putting in standard Tesco in mine since I got it, I've now ran vPower for just over a week, it seems much smoother and I don't get any slight jolts when speeding up from 1st anymore. I'll never go back, its worth the extra £

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.