Could someone apply a sheet of vinyl to my moonroof

Gimba

I have ordered a sheet of gloss vinyl to go over my plastic moonroof, is there anyone here who is fairly close to where I live, where I could come over and you work the magic?

I have tried but failed miserably, I don't mind paying, it's for a GEN7 Celica.

cheers

Sorry if this is the wrong section, wasn't sure if this was worthy of a "modification thread"

i thought you bought a glass one?

Me too, I drove hour & 1/2 to get there and find it's plastic :|, was not happy

How do you get rid of the rough texture left behind by the deteriorated placcy roof?

Looks like crap :(

That' the reason i'm putting black gloss over mine, gonna sand paper it down to make it smooth first

i thought you could remove the outer layer that gets scratched & cracked using a scraper the 1's that take a stanley knife blade ( i assume carefully) & then plastic polish the moonroof? the same way as you refurb plastic headlights havn't done it myself but plan to over the winter.

Just use varying grades of wet and dry on the moon roo with lots of wate and then 3m cutting compound on a rotor polisher again with lots of water following through with T-cut, then polishes and waxes etc...

I have seen the sunroofs done in this way and works a treat. It gets rid of all the knackered top coating.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.