Need some Painting Advice From Any Professionals on here

I am planning on getting the front end ans skirts resprayed on my 5, but after a quick chat with the sprayshop last week i mentioned that i had resprayed one of my front wings with rattle cans, and he told me all that paint would have to come off as his paint would most likely react with it

So what i want to do is strip the paint beforehand and primer the wing and skirts before he sprays them

So what i really need to know is, are there any rattle can primers that are safe for me to use that won't then need to be stripped prior to painting, or will any sort of primer be ok

I was thinking either high build primer so i can make sure the wing and skirts are free from lumps, bumps, scratches etc, or would etch primer be better/safer, or non of the above

Obviously the more i can do myself the less it will cost at the spray shop

How does that stuff work then Princy, spray that over my rattle canned wing, then 2k primer over the top of that (see my edited post above for 2k primer in a can)

Spot on mate, because the paint that's on your panels at the moment is unknown 2k is pretty aggressive and could eat into it causing it to react or bleed through into the the primer. That stuff will form a sound base for the paint on top and won't allow the paint underneath to bleed through

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.