problem with my old car

hi

i really really really need to sell my old 140 since ive had my t-sport for almost 3 months now O_o

problem is the battery is now dead, brake discs have surface rust on them... so basically it needs a little drive. only thing is its uninsured...

cud i not just take it for a quick spin round my local area (country roads) for like 15 minutes to sort it out? or what? advice plz

hi

i really really really need to sell my old 140 since ive had my t-sport for almost 3 months now O_o

problem is the battery is now dead, brake discs have surface rust on them... so basically it needs a little drive. only thing is its uninsured...

cud i not just take it for a quick spin round my local area (country roads) for like 15 minutes to sort it out? or what? advice plz

Safest and most sensible thing to do is to contact your insurance company and have them add the car onto your new policy for a day. It shouldn't cost much. That way you will have peace of mind and be able to sort out your issues with car. It's not worth taking the risk of either getting stopped by the police or being in an accident. If either of these happened you would be royally screwed.

HTH

Edited by masiv

i was under the impression that u had to drive the car to charge the battery and just it ticking over wouldnt do anything? failing that couldnt i just swap the batteries between the two cars? and drive mine with the dead bat to charge up?

i also want to mot it befre i sell as i will get more for it with a years mot on it

i think a mate of mine has a traders policy, cud he not drive it?

i was under the impression that u had to drive the car to charge the battery and just it ticking over wouldnt do anything? failing that couldnt i just swap the batteries between the two cars? and drive mine with the dead bat to charge up?

i also want to mot it befre i sell as i will get more for it with a years mot on it

i think a mate of mine has a traders policy, cud he not drive it?

It'll charge the battery, but very slowly.

Legally you cannot drive the car on a public road with no insurance. Of course you are free to join the many that do, but morally I hope you won't.

To charge the battery either leave it running for a good long time, or see if you can swap it into your other car.

The rust on the brake discs will probably clean up with use. If you need to MOT it then you can drive it to the test station (if you have booked a time for it) which might be enough to clean it up. You would still require insurance for it though.

Remember if the vehicle is now taxed then it must have insurance also. You can only not insure the vehicle if it's been SORN'd

Hope that helps.

Just because he has a traders policy does not necessarily mean he is insured to drive YOUR car.

There are dozens of policies with hundreds of clauses.

As said, ask your insurance to add your car for a day.

Last time I wanted a 8 hour test drive I paid seven quid for the insurance and had to have that before the car dealer allowed me out in the car unaccompanied.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.