Can You get the sunroof to shine? :/

LeeW

Hi All, just a quick question about the poly sunroofs.

I'm having difficulty getting a shine from it as it tells you not to polish our use glass cleaner etc.

Any one got an idea if its possible?

Cheers

Lee

not look at one before but on a mk1 golf caddy pickup i used the buffer and some rubbing compound to take the yellowy haze out off the rear window.

they go realy bad and people tend to take them out and replace with a flat piece of perspex but then you cant put the seat back as far.

they tend to look like this,

IMAG0023.jpg

about 20mins and a bit of effort and it was cristal clear again.

rubbing compound like this,

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_170783_langId_-1_categoryId_165625

andy

If your sunroof is starting to look dull & cracked effect, then the best thing to do is just replace it or wrap over it.

Those who have used razor blades or Wet&Dry to remove the cracked top layer, end up having to polish it regularly because it goes dull again in no time. I know as I'm one.

That is why in the next couple of weeks I'll be wrapping mine!

It Doesn't look cracked as such but just very un smooth. Looks like its rippled, almost like some one has very finely dribbled all over it!! I'll get some pics up of it!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.