Desperate times

Hi all

Bit of an embarrasing post this but here goes

As one or two of you know I lost my job last week and am now unemployed.

So I am skint but have half a tank of petrol in the 5 and the missus 6 is empty and needs to go to work so my question is

How do I if possible get the petrol out of the 5 and into the 6 as dont need it in the 5 as it is in bits at the moment(Dashboard is anyway).

Cheers Shaunsad.gif

Right,have removed the seat and the black cover with the connector and under there asr some wires and the feed/return pipes for the fuel pump

Is there a gasket under there that will need replacing for safety reasons as wouldnt want the car to stink of petrol

Cheers Shaun

have u tried sticking a hosepipe in and sucking it through ??

or does that not really work?

Dont think that works as there will be an anti syphen thing in the bottom of the filler neck

yes there is a gasket but im sure it should be ok as its a rubber one i think so should re-seal again.

Cheers Andy

pop into your local car accessory shop and buy 4 meters of 4mm washer jets hose , should be a fiver , can also get it from fish shops

it goes easly past the anti siphon , takes a while but it works

Tamworthians! :rolleyes: :lol:

You can remove the fuel pipe from the filter at the fuel rail end and tilt it into a jug, in the diagnostic box short B+ with FP and whilst watching the jug and pipe get somebody to turn on the IGN.

You can remove the fuel pipe from the filter at the fuel rail end and tilt it into a jug, in the diagnostic box short B+ with FP and whilst watching the jug and pipe get somebody to turn on the IGN.

X2 above

Sound like the hard way - but trust me when I speak from experience & say if mr t was kind enough to give you a fuel pump, you might as well use it...

Now this might sound strange, but this was how I managed to drain about 25ltrs of petrol from the old Gen6 I had when it had been smashed and was getting taken away by the insurance from my drive.

Going in under the back seat I located the connection plate where the feed and return lines are.

I removed the return line from the tank and connected a bit of pipeline I had laying about, securing it with a jubilee clip.

Now, sucking on the pipe produced sweet FA, but I found that by blowing into the pipe, thereby pressurising the tank, when I stopped blowing the fuel would then flow back out the pipe and into the canister I was catching it in.

Don't get me wrong, this took a while, but it got there in the end.

I think the other method of using the jumper wire and turning on the ignition would be easier, although getting the line off the filter can be a bitch.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.