Are black indicators illegal?

I think atleast 50% of the light has to come through, Ive fitted black mirrored/smoked indicators recently and with the MOT in 2 weeks we'll see how they do! They do still look bright enough to me though

The seller on eBay professionally smokes/tints various bits so if you dont fancy doing them yyourself you could send them off to him. Heres the rear lights he has at the moment - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-CELICA-MK7-99-05-SMOKED-BLACK-MIRROR-REAR-LIGHT-/180685965663?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a11b9095f

i lightly tinted my side repeaters.

Front and rears are left as standard though.

As far as i'm aware the side repeater's aren't a legal requirement as some cars don't have them, so I'm not 100% on the laws surrounding tinting those, but I did it and told my insurer.

I have my front and sides tinted and they have passed MOT last 2 years with no trouble at all. Mine look jet black but they still flash a very amber bright light so all is good.

I just used tinting spray on mine and did it myself and it said only to apply 3 coats but it didnt even look like they had been tinted so I applied for coats but kept checking the flash between each coat, I ended up with 6 coats and like I say still flashes as normal.

Pic -

DSC01674.jpg

534686040_qW6yA-XL-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Went down the local police station, said it wasnt an issue at all. Some new cars have them.

I just bought a can of tinting spray, two coats and done.

Insolent minx, who are you with and did they actually put it down as a mod?

Insolent minx, who are you with and did they actually put it down as a mod?

I'm with Sky.

I just put it on my mod sheet.

It didn't add anything to the premium, but thought better to be safe than sorry... *shrugs*

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.