annoying chancers

hi all well the wife is 5 months pregnant and soon she will be getting to big to climb in and out of the gen 7 plus she will be taking a years maternity leave from work so we wont have any use for a second car for a while so we have decided to sell the gen 7 and my frontera and get an x5 then when she goes back to work ive promised to buy her a tsport and kit it again but whats really bugging me is all the chancers on ebay i put the car on there for a little bit higher than what i thinks its worth so there was some haggeling room only to get some stupid offers so then i dropped the price to what i think the car is actually worth with the words no offers next to my phone number then some plank texts me saying he wants to view the car and he`s very interested i tell him thats fine come and view it anytime then he replies that hes got £2700 will i take it (what part of no offers is hard to understand) but anyway i replied sorry £3400 is my rock bottom price only to get a reply that the car isnt worth that. why would somone even bother contacting me when they can see the price and they can see the words no offers i people dont think the car is worth it dont contact me yes there is cheaper gen 7`s out there but there is also a lot of 51 reg`s with more milage and imo worse condition asking a lot more than me and these havnt got the modified exterior i never knew selling a car could be so stressful or insulting usually i p/x my cars for the crappy trade price but i dont think a garage would appreciate the effort ive put into this gen 7 nor would it refelct in the glass`s trade book anyway thats my rant for the day oh and plz excuse the spelling mistakes

but in reality £3400 is a very steep price for a pre facelift 140 mate, id have taken that £2700 you was offered imo. you are basically asking face lift 140 money, the market on these has dropped and they just aint worth as much as they were 6 months ago.

with regards to putting no offers, thats not gonna stop people making you a offer, heck if it was me and i see no offers id still make you a offer, its just the way buys and selling cars goes. when you go to a dealer, there price is of the car is what they want, no ono next to it, get you still go in and haggle.

im not trying to sound horrible, and sorry if it comes across that way, but these are the facts im afraid

I understand what you are saying but £3400 is a fair price IMO considering I've put a veliside style bodykit 18" team dynamic alloys and halo headlights on it at Christmas all that cost about £1500 so it's not exactly a standard celica and I've not seen any other kitted celicas to compare it to

Edited by Gazzi c

I'm sure it's a lovely celica (sorry never seen pics) but the bodykit doesn't add value and will potentially put 'normal buyers' off - not me personally I'd much rather buy a car that's had money thrown at it by someone else rather than spend that money myself-been there done that and lost £1000's :(

Not to put a downer on it but I bought my pre-facelift 190 a couple of months ago for £2400 ... I did however bargain a lot (yes no bodykit but fully kitted out as a t-sport

now you didnt say that, im prices under a stock 140

but what you have done is lowered your market by fully modifying your car, you're now only appealing to around 60% of the market if not less. and this kinda makes your price even harder to reach. by all means stick to your guns on the price, but you wont get a quick sale (not saying thats what you are after) you might have to wait several months for that right person to come along. and unfortunately you are going to have to put up with people giving you offers no matter what, you just say no and be done with it cos near on 100% of people will make you a offer regardless of what you price it at

but as you say in your advert gaz - no offers - why do people still try it - and try £700 less - if you said ono - then you can understand but think some people have too much time on their hands...if you dont like the price - why waste your time and their own!

Because, AMS, if the world worked that way...nobody would sell shit. Everything ever would sit in a cupboard/garage collecting dust.

You can't think your car/item is worth several hundreds or thousands more then market value and expect people to pay it and get pissy when they make an offer. The whole second hand market for any item in existence flourishes based on the fact you can get what you consider a bargain, by being able to barter the price down from what is asked. Only one loser in that situation as the person making the offer simply goes elsewhere and gets the same car at a more-realistic-to-them-price.

It's simple.

None of this is meant as a tyrade towards the original poster by the way, if you sell if for what you're asking..woo! Nice one! But if you don't hear shit from people for months and when you do, they make offers, don't get upset..it's a free country and people have the right to simply ask..all you can do is say no and still have a car sat on your drive that you need rid of.

Edited by hypercatjohn

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.