Bodyshop Advice

Need some advice on next steps, here's the scenario:

Bit of damage when got car.

Took to reputable repairers

Wasnt quite right, took it back, still not right, repeat 4 times.

So, car has been back 4 times to this garage and its still not right, theres bits of muck and chips in the paint/primer. either the laquer or paint hasnt been blended properly and you can see the sanded texture through the paint, theres lines at the panel joins where they have masked badly, and i could go on.

Bearing in mind I have worked in bodyshops, at every stage in process, am I being pedantic? Should I go back again? Am I expecting too much from having paid once....

Edited by Invisible Dark

Its their job to do it right, if they cant then they deserve it for you to keep going back til they get it done properley! Maybe one or two points are alittle picky :P but the rest are completely valid reasons imo

Thats bad. If it has lines where it's been masked then it's not blended in properly.

I'd have them do it again or get your money back.

If they don't cooperate, I'd maybe even look into small claims or maybe see your insurers are willing to take a claim with them for destroying your car.

No you're not being pedantic, take it back

I had similar with my old st, local garage boss reversed into it, he arranged for it to go into local bodyshop. It wasnt quite right and i showed him, nothing wrong with it he said and was pretty nasty.

Less than a year later lacquer crazed and looked rubbish, i wished i'd got it done right first time.

Wouldnt hurt to take it to another bodyshop for their opinion first?

Hmmm still in two minds, if they aint got it right by now, will they ever? And now its going to start costing them money they have less incentive to do it right.

Really nice guys and stuff and they do good work I've seen it, they always have Astons, Range Rover, Lexus and they look spot on.

I think the opinion of another body shop would be valuable for sure, I shall go to a back streety one i worked at. They did a full body kit and front end respray on my metallic black fiesta with no spray booths, mechanics working near by etc etc and not a spec of muck in the large area of paint....

Might try to get some pics of the worst bits

Your bang on to be pissed mate, and you have give them too may chances to put it right,

Mask lines are a no no, muck/chips sound like shit, but the wet and dry swirls in the filler, well thats pretty basic. What grit did they use, 100?

if it starts to cost them money they are goning to have more incentive to do it right not less mate, cos you will just take it back again and get them to do it again. id suggest you say to them, let me see the work through stages and for you to agree its good to move on to the next stage

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.