3D 4 wheel laser alignment

As far as I am aware the 4 wheel laser allingment that FCM and Revolution do is not the same as the cheapo ones being qouted. Its better and mainly used for modified, lower cars with aftermarket alloys.

This is what I am led to believe but I will stand corrected if I am wrong but im sure its different.

Edited by CelicaBabe

This is £50 for club members, normal price to Joe public is £80.

worth every penny :thumbs: and as mentioned, it fells sooooo diferent now all the wheels point in the right direction :hysterical:

And Lee, im actually from portsmouth. But my GF Nurse Amy from on here lives in frome, and uses FCM regularly, she recormended them to me. Top blokes there. :D

Wish I was closer to Bristol, that seems a great price. Have asked eurospec2000 near me if they can offer this, would rather take it somewhere that deals with jap / modified cars.

Looks like the exact same machine that has left me with both my rear tyres wearing on the outsides!

I had it done at challenger tyres in sheffield they charge £39 for first adjustment and £18 for any further ones

Decent setup but the computor dont know how to set up a quattro A3! Lol

People always get tracking and 4 point wheel alignment mixed up!

Looks like the exact same machine that has left me with both my rear tyres wearing on the outsides!

I had it done at challenger tyres in sheffield they charge £39 for first adjustment and £18 for any further ones

Decent setup but the computor dont know how to set up a quattro A3! Lol

People always get tracking and 4 point wheel alignment mixed up!

Are your toe angles and camber settings in the manual?? get them to see if they match what they set it to, if its out ask them why they're so retarded they didnt do it first time and have them change it for free!!!!!

Got mine done at demon tweeks a few weeks ago after new alloys/tyres (64 quid iirc)

I knew the alignment was out due to tyres scrubbing quickly/unevenly etc. and tracking out.

I was also amazed at the difference.

I'm now getting about 60miles extra per tank of unleaded cos its running so much smoother.

Having to rely more heavily on brakes to stop now - its running so true it coasts for miles! :o

Jesus, are you multi-tasking Matt???? :lol:

I was sat in the bar afterwards actually :P I'm home now so down to business. Mine are now set to the current values:

Front

Camber

Left: -0.36*

Right: -0.48*

Toe

Left: 0.3mm

Right: 0.3mm

total: 0.6mm

Rear

Camber

Left: -1.42*

Right: -1.48*

Toe

Left: 0.6mm

Right: 0.9mm

Total: 1.6mm

Thrust Angle: 0.02*

And the given Limits as Per FCM's Machine

Front:

Caster

Min: 1.2*

Max: 2.5*

Camber

Min: -1.31*

Max: -0.01*

Toe

Min: -0.6mm

Max: 0.6mm

Total: Min:-1.2mm Max: 1.2mm

Rear:

Camber

Min: -2.01*

Max: -0.31*

Toe

Min: 0.5mm

max: 1.7mm

Total: Min:0.9mm Max: 3.44mm

Edited by splinter

Place I use has a very similar system, although the sensors are mounted on separate posts at the front, not on a large cross member.

Each wheel gets a pad hung on it with a fancy pattern on it that the lasers read and use to work out what's pointing where.

Computer screen shows each wheel in real time and updates as the mechanics adjust it etc.

I think mine was about £40 last time I had it done.

S

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.