Which Tyres are best?

At the mo, I have Falken ZE912s on and I think they seem pretty good, uniroyal rainsport 2 seem to get a good review from a couple of members on here. Also on the Falkens the FK452 seem to get good reviews also. the way I look at tyres is to buy as good as you can cos they're the only thing keeping you on the road. :thumbs:

I had the same Kuhmo tyres on as you and i found them to wear out phenomenally fast, got the Falken FK452's part worn and have already outlasted the Kuhmo's. Plus they grip a lot better in the wet too, sure some other people will be along soon to give some more advice.

Jay

continentals every day of the week, especially in the wet. the falken mentioned above are good tyres also, but with tyres you get what you pay for

opt cheap and get some black polo mints

pay some cash and get better braking, better cornering and safer driving

Tyres are very subjective and everyone has their own ideas and preferances. So just forget all the the others and buy the best tyre on the market today. Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetrical XLs. You won't get many miles but it's enjoyable wearing them out. The only thing that sticks better is a limpet mine.

Edited by GreyRacer

:werd: +1 for the Eagles but tyres are indeed a subjective thing. There's no definitive best/worst and likewise paying a fortune doesn't mean you'll get the best either. The Pirelli P Zeros I had were garbage, lots of road noise, little grip and shoddy in the wet with attrocious wear rate. Yuo don't always get what you pay for ;)

I tend to steer clear of budget brands, after all, the tyres are the only thing keeping your car on the road.

There's quite a lot of reviews on the web for different tyres, but i always think that £80-100 a corner is a good guideline.

I'll be going to the UniRoyal Rainsport 2's when i get my new wheels in a few weeks.

tyrereviews.co.uk is godly. Customers rate the tyres on dry grip, wet grip, wear, noise, comfort etc and to be fair a lot of them seem like car people and have a good understanding of what they're talking about. Oddly rainsport 2s have 90% wet grip and 80% dry grip lol. But yeah, check that site out. They also give links to road tests on the popular tyres by car magazines which can be insightful, if not at times misleadin.

I have the old style Goodyear Eagle F1's and they are so far the best tyres I've had. Excellent grip in all driving conditions and have barely worn after about 4 months of driving 100 miles every day of the working week. If the asymmetrics are even better then it's all win.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.