Annoying rattle GT gen 7

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone can help me. I have got what sounds like an interior rattle coming from the back of the car which sounds like parcel shelf or back seat. Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience and can give me some pointers how to shut it up. I have refitted parcel shelf mounting point pegs with some tape underneath where they slide on to take excess play out of that, and I have put a foam / rubber strip down the sides of the parcel shelf where it sits. Its still rattling but isn't as bad I don't think but now I am wondering if its the back seat as that seems to make a noise when you move it about.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Colin

It could be a variety of factors, The parcel shelf, The jack .... Anything.

Felfy has done a good job in reducing the parcel shelf rattle as well other bits and bobs, But everyone's problem will be different.

I had the same problem when i first got my car. The noise bloody annoyed the hell out of me, I stripped out my whole interior so I knew it was not to do with the trim.

Then i sent someone in the back of my car whilst i drove up and down my road so he could listen to where the noise came from..

Turned out it was the door lock mechanism on the passenger side, where the door clips onto, it wasn't as tight as it should have been..

Good luck in finding the rattle..

All will be well as soon as you find it,

Hi Colin

Yes, I know the rear of the Gen 7 can be quite 'rattley'

Have a look at my thread that Canon4pics and samuaw kindly mentioned

Gen 7 Hatch Noise/Rattle Reduction

There are two further posts at the end of that thread that might help as well

Post No. 23 and Post No. 27

Any questions, just PM me

Good luck

Edited by Felfy

Mine had a rattle on drivers side. Turned out to be the reat seat upright moving slightly on the catch. Fold seat down. put some black insulation tape over the catch and now fits snug. Shame I now have a squeak/creak which occurs when going over uneven surfaces. Can get it to do it by grabbing the rear of the car and bouncing it. its been suggested that it could be a dry top mount as sound emirates from inside the boot space but I cannot pinpoint it.

Took mine up the M74 to Glasgow yesterday for a new set of wheels. Lo and behold the bloody rattle appeared again - defo either the latch for the boot (tape worn thro) or maybe even the rear spoiler (might just need tightened up) - only did it when approaching 80mph and upwards (oops don't tell PC Plod!!)

Rad.

I can also vouch for Felfy's guides...

Also where abouts in Leicester are you? I regularly flash at other Gen 7's on the road but there is not much Celica-love :(

Absolutely no love in Cumbria - get the odd look and that's it, ignorant b******s!!

Rad

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.