Rear Visibility (Gen 7)

I knew it'd happen sooner or later, but was hoping not this soon- I've managed to scrape my Gen 7's rear bumper while reversing. Not much of an impact as I was going slowly, but enough to leave a pretty large gash in the bumper. I'm still getting used to this car, having not driven for long (I know, why didn't I buy something disposable first), but this made me realise that the rear visibility isn't that great on a Gen 7; as stupid as it sounds I'm having some difficulty in judging where the backend stops.

I know it's mainly because I'm a new driver and will get used to it over time, but did anyone else have any problems with the rear visibility when they first got the car?

I'm off work Monday/Tuesday next week, so I think I'll spend a bit of time on the car; poor thing has been abused since I got it :blush:

I have limo black tints on the sides and rear window and a whacking great spoiler on the boot, my visability is shit to say the least! haha. but im pretty good with spacial awearness, and if i think its a bit close ill simply add another few turns back an forth to make sure i avoid hitting something!!

Sounds like parking sensors might be a good idea ;)

The Ones that come as an option with the Gen 7 are rubbish. Theyw ill start beeping the quickeest (i.e Very close) when you have at least 1 m

Find an aftermarket reversing sensor, you have the damn annoying beep in reverse anyway :lol:

It is a funny car for reversing in though, long rear window, bumper sticks out a bit - I also have limo rear tints that make it a pig, but aslong as Im not reversing tightly/close to anything in pitch black its OK I suppose!

Dotn forget the Gen 7 is a Coupé. all Coupes have bad visibility out the back, but thats just part of us having a sleek designed car ;-)

you'll get used to the distance :)

Edited by Scott Baker

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.