CS VRS BEAMS

sadly i need to make a firm and far choise between 2 cars

presently i have 4 cars and its all a little much , theres the mrs glanza which im not allowed to sell unless im replacing it with a loud shouty expensive car which is another auto , theres the vert which being honest is going nowhere , its a garden orniment but its my garden orniment if you know what i mean , so that leaves 2 cars , in an ideal world id have a garage with parking for 200 , flood lit and solar heated with humidity control , every snap-on tool avaiable to man kind and a well stocked fridge , however reality is a terraced small house with 2 cars out front , 1 slung out in the road at random and another round the corner left to fend for itself

so which 1 so sell ?

the beams , its ok it really is , i intended to get to nurburgring and back in it knowing i could get reasonable mpg , be able to post a good lap time and generally drive it knowing its a tough bastard and can get me anywhere in the world without incident , on buying it i instantly started to get it how i want it , im busy removeing the years of grime and shit plus removing any neglect i can find , im aiming to create a pokey good handling car clean enough to be a club car , it doesnt need anything doing to it to have it as a car but to have it as my car means i am still doing jobs on it as and when items arrive to make it that bit more special , driving it its ok , being frank the cs would slaughter it from every angle except for ease of use , there is no waiting till the oils warm , there is no 30 second wait while the turbo stops spinning , its piss easy to drive and a pleasure to jump in and out of

the cs , where do you start , lets face it its wonderfull it really is , its faster than my old gt4 , it handles like a laugh a minute , i cant help but give it a sniff of throttle each and everytime i go out in it , the ability to stick daydreamers and the near dead into the rear view mirror is so impressive , for its age its got the wow factor it really has , and the condition , its not easy to find a decent gt4 , its extra hard to find a cs and to find 1 which is so clean ??? tough call , its also going up in value which is a bonus , ive watched 6 cars recently , the 3 granders sell easly enough , the 4 to 6 ( honest 6 friggin grand !! ) havnt , so based on what i paid im quids in ,,, however the downside ,,,, it got scratched by a local brat , its not the end of the world but the car would be called mint if it wasnt for this ,,,, it seriously pissed me off and because of this the trust in leaving it outside for the wankers of the world to bang into doesnt bear thinking about , paronoid maybe but for a good reason , also the cars standard , unmessed with , undicked about with , i dont have the heart to be the person who in 19 years becomes the 1 who starts taking it away from being a classic to becoming a project , i think its unfair on the car , any alterations have been done with the intention of changing things back to keep the old girl as she should , dont get me wrong if i had another then yeah id happly improve half the car but not this car , its not fair on it ,,,, this also means when im not driving it i get a bit bored with it , as soon as my arse hits the seat though its shittttt yeah great fun , but still ,,,,, our kid recons i should sell and buy a gt4 to walk the route id love to take , the cabs is waiting , he has a point

and heres the problem could i ever replace the cs if i sold it and found i wanted it back ? well yeah for a price ( £4250 as it happens ) , would i spend this sort of money outright on a cs ? well i bid 5 grand on a car previously so maybe but its not a great position to be in , and the beams , its taken 6 months of hunting to find another , if i sold that its either import 1 or forget it as there uber rare

so im stuck , the heart says keep the cs and the head says you have only just brought the beams ya dickhead so stick with it ,,, i just dont know what to do

They are both special machines but also completely different.

I'd keep the BEAMS.

Not only is in newer, but it's non turbo, bullet proof engine and pretty much guaranteed 200 ponies that can be used everyday.

CS is an appreciating car, but 4 wheel drive, turbo, and rocketing fuel prices don't mix too well.

Also on the news today they have been banging on about all cars whether driven or not need to be insured.

Just my 2p's worth. :D

They are both special machines but also completely different.

I'd keep the BEAMS.

Not only is in newer, but it's non turbo, bullet proof engine and pretty much guaranteed 200 ponies that can be used everyday.

CS is an appreciating car, but 4 wheel drive, turbo, and rocketing fuel prices don't mix too well.

Also on the news today they have been banging on about all cars whether driven or not need to be insured.

Just my 2p's worth. :D

Mmmmmm Beams!

Cars kept off the road only need to be insured if they're not SORN - if you declare them SORN then insurance isn't a requirement.

Well i think you know what i'm going to say............

.......... sell the BEAMS tongue.gif

But seriously though, i suppose you already have one Gen 5, so it makes sense to get rid of the CS............ if only i had some spare cash sad.gif

keep the beams - daily driver

put the cs away in storage - properly though, drian fluids, remove batery, leave on axle stands ensure its weather tight and when you are done with the beams jsut move back to the cs, your cs is a one of a kind, doubt there are any others out there that clean and that original, come-on you pestered the guy to sell you it for ages

finally please finally sort the cabs - for some fun and ebarasing the pretenders

sadly i need to make a firm and far choise between 2 cars

presently i have 4 cars and its all a little much , theres the mrs glanza which im not allowed to sell unless im replacing it with a loud shouty expensive car which is another auto , theres the vert which being honest is going nowhere , its a garden orniment but its my garden orniment if you know what i mean , so that leaves 2 cars , in an ideal world id have a garage with parking for 200 , flood lit and solar heated with humidity control , every snap-on tool avaiable to man kind and a well stocked fridge , however reality is a terraced small house with 2 cars out front , 1 slung out in the road at random and another round the corner left to fend for itself

so which 1 so sell ?

the beams , its ok it really is , i intended to get to nurburgring and back in it knowing i could get reasonable mpg , be able to post a good lap time and generally drive it knowing its a tough bastard and can get me anywhere in the world without incident , on buying it i instantly started to get it how i want it , im busy removeing the years of grime and shit plus removing any neglect i can find , im aiming to create a pokey good handling car clean enough to be a club car , it doesnt need anything doing to it to have it as a car but to have it as my car means i am still doing jobs on it as and when items arrive to make it that bit more special , driving it its ok , being frank the cs would slaughter it from every angle except for ease of use , there is no waiting till the oils warm , there is no 30 second wait while the turbo stops spinning , its piss easy to drive and a pleasure to jump in and out of

the cs , where do you start , lets face it its wonderfull it really is , its faster than my old gt4 , it handles like a laugh a minute , i cant help but give it a sniff of throttle each and everytime i go out in it , the ability to stick daydreamers and the near dead into the rear view mirror is so impressive , for its age its got the wow factor it really has , and the condition , its not easy to find a decent gt4 , its extra hard to find a cs and to find 1 which is so clean ??? tough call , its also going up in value which is a bonus , ive watched 6 cars recently , the 3 granders sell easly enough , the 4 to 6 ( honest 6 friggin grand !! ) havnt , so based on what i paid im quids in ,,, however the downside ,,,, it got scratched by a local brat , its not the end of the world but the car would be called mint if it wasnt for this ,,,, it seriously pissed me off and because of this the trust in leaving it outside for the wankers of the world to bang into doesnt bear thinking about , paronoid maybe but for a good reason , also the cars standard , unmessed with , undicked about with , i dont have the heart to be the person who in 19 years becomes the 1 who starts taking it away from being a classic to becoming a project , i think its unfair on the car , any alterations have been done with the intention of changing things back to keep the old girl as she should , dont get me wrong if i had another then yeah id happly improve half the car but not this car , its not fair on it ,,,, this also means when im not driving it i get a bit bored with it , as soon as my arse hits the seat though its shittttt yeah great fun , but still ,,,,, our kid recons i should sell and buy a gt4 to walk the route id love to take , the cabs is waiting , he has a point

and heres the problem could i ever replace the cs if i sold it and found i wanted it back ? well yeah for a price ( £4250 as it happens ) , would i spend this sort of money outright on a cs ? well i bid 5 grand on a car previously so maybe but its not a great position to be in , and the beams , its taken 6 months of hunting to find another , if i sold that its either import 1 or forget it as there uber rare

so im stuck , the heart says keep the cs and the head says you have only just brought the beams ya dickhead so stick with it ,,, i just dont know what to do

swop cs with my one :-) im fed up with the amont of work i have to do lol :-)

Edited by richzr

If you were really scraping for money,then the CS would have to be the one to go,but if theres food on the table then an unmolested CS is a heck of a car to get rid of...id move the Beams on TBH.The CS is appreciating classic,and it hasnt been touched so theres a rarity in itself.Need to make her safer from the knobheads though if poss.

in case people dont know

the convertable , not for sale , getting sorted now , honest

cab1.jpg

and the Carlos sainz

SDC11128.jpgSDC11160.jpg

SDC11127.jpgSDC11130.jpg

it wouldnt be fair to show the beams as ive not even washed it yet and some of the items ive brought to make it that little bit special arnt here just yet , on the way but close

to answer a couple of things

insurance , makes no odds to me how many i own for insurance ive a buisness policy ( tradex )so all the cars are insured , i wouldnt have it any other way

id love to bang the cs into storage for 5 years , i know its to be a 10-15 grand car then , id prefer to see it used and enjoyed mind

the beams is a 3s-ge engine except it isnt , the top ends got a vvt-i system which gives it another 22 bhp , also it has the toys such as lsd and all the very last of the good stuff , it also comes with items unique to the beams such as red sticking on the steering wheel/gear knob , little touches that make it as good as it got but without the turbo issues

people have very valid points , im all ears i really am , the cs hasnt been run this week where the beams has at least 4 times , this was mainly because the mrs hadnt been in it , the engine was still warm from where id been out with the mrs and i didnt want to loose the parking space , i intend to take it out tomorrow though and its the car of choise tomorrow , hell im confused

Yes i know what you mean mate. Kept all the standard parts for the GT4 so i can have it as it was when i want. Cant say get rid of the CS or Beams cos there both super cars. You need to find somewhere to store them cheap but dry or to store one of them at least and use the other that way you can swap them over when you feel like a change. Wich ever one you get rid of you will live to regret it sorry but thats the way it is mate. :(

Yes i know what you mean mate. Kept all the standard parts for the GT4 so i can have it as it was when i want. Cant say get rid of the CS or Beams cos there both super cars. You need to find somewhere to store them cheap but dry or to store one of them at least and use the other that way you can swap them over when you feel like a change. Wich ever one you get rid of you will live to regret it sorry but thats the way it is mate. :(

thats the truth brother , as soon as i sold the black beams ive been kicking myself since , i guess when i flog a car it has to go for a reason , its got issues i cant be arsed with or ive brought something i fancied insted , i dont like selling a car i accually like , im enjoying wheel spinning the beams round at the minute , i need to replace the wheels so cant help myself , and the cs , every dam time i turn the key she fires into life and that little bit in the brain ,,, the bit with crazy bastard stamped in big red letters goes hellllloooooooo ,,, funnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn , even the driving position says hold on figgin tight

The BEAMS must go then.... CS is far too limited an edition to get rid of a good example. Especially when the market isnt particularly strong.

Ive never really heard the BEAMS mentioned before ,so its clear which car really holds your interest...

As it stands the vert AINT running, can you really be without the 4WD Turbo Goooodness :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.