Spring compressors...

bRinkz

Mmmmmm, is it just me or does anyone else think that those ones on ebay look like they belong in a 5yr old childs toy box? They look like they've been made out of hollow plastic and come as part of a 'junior mechanic' set :wttc:

Rich, would you trust them to compress your biro spring??? :P

All they need to do is pull a spring together, i didn't even need to use mine to put my lowered springs on, i just put some weight onto the top mount and loosely fastened the screw, then tightened up the top nut

They look like powder coated carbon steel to me, it's just that blue colour that makes them look a bit plasticy laugh.gif

There are plenty of other styles on ebay for around a tenner though

Never needed them. As Rich said it's pretty simple to do without them. A good bit of decent rope aorund the springs while in situ will allow for the removal of the top mount without fear of getting whacked, then when you reinstall the lowered spring it'll be easy just to pop it in place and put a bit of weight on it.... It's how I've always done them. :P Not saying you should just that it's entirely possible lol :wttc:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.