What's quicker

oMIKEYo

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my mate has one and they handle like a little go kart!

a modded one matches a 190 easy

my mate is coming with me to the Yorkshire rolling road next sat so we shall see what it puts out on the dyno!

they really are very good little cars the chassis is very good on them ford actually made changes to the standard chassis for the ST model!

so to answer it my money would be on the ST stock for stock!

my mate has one and they handle like a little go kart!

a modded one matches a 190 easy

my mate is coming with me to the Yorkshire rolling road next sat so we shall see what it puts out on the dyno!

they really are very good little cars the chassis is very good on them ford actually made changes to the standard chassis for the ST model!

so to answer it my money would be on the ST stock for stock!

They'd surely polish off the Celica with little problem. And be easier to park. Probably more economical?

My mates got a st 150 they look gd for a stock hot hatch I had a race at Santa pod I only had a induction kit on my sport 190 and done him by other a second my mates corsa c with a Sri astra engine put in it done him aswell so I don't rate them in straight line performance but down contry lanes he left me for shit the lower down torque and cornering done me over

I wouldnt care if the fiesta ST is faster, its a ford and i wouldnt be seen dead in one. Chavs will be all over that like the saxo vtr one day as well.

I refer you to the toyota advert for the gen7 in america. 'Looks fast'. The celica gen7 wins hands down on looks, its the people that ask me when i get my car 'go fast does it?' or 'how fast you been in that?'.

Yes i know i cant really answer them truthfully, ill just say 'oh - fast enough :D or something'. But no one will do that with a fiesta with those gash white stripes. Looks like another shitty hatchback.

IMO :lol:

Being as I have never driven either I can't really make a valid opinion to this particular subject, but straight line acceleration I dont believe there would be much between the 140 and the st, but I imagine the gearing on the st would be better, so on B roads would probably have an advantage.

I know they wouldn't hold a 190 in a straight line, I had a play with a focus ST just the other day and we were pretty much level, so theres no way a fiesta st would keep up. If it does keep up then it definitely is not standard.

Plus- to continue the rant, ive been inside a fiesta ST and they are gash inside as well.

Same old boring ford controls, cheap looking dash (yes our jap cars arent much better) - boring ford stereo.etc.etc. I cant stand ford interiors.

Although the top of the range stuff is nice, i.e. the galaxy interior is nice

In terms of the thread topic the Fiesta is probably faster over 1/4 mile, but I gotta side with CelicaBen on this one if we're talking which one I personally prefer :D

Edit: Correct typo

Edited by martin3df

Haha I love the attention this thread has got :P

Agree with the crappy interior of the st and the looks and design etc is no where near as good. I would still easily prefer the celi.

On a side note: I love how the celi divides the 2 fronts with the raised gear stick etc. I'd never own a car now which doesn't do that! Haha makes it feel like a cockpit :( as against other cars where the sticks coming from the floor, looks like a basic cheap design :)

I imagined they were pretty much level even with the st being 200cc more :lol: and insurance old style was 13 for both. Since new style groups the celi is one higher up :lol:

Keep comments etc coming, Id of imagined a test of these would have been done before, don't know why but I had a strong feeling they would have been haha.

Celi ftw :D

Edited by oMIKEYo

Im of the opinion that i would of bought a Celica over a fiesta any day of the week!! End of!!! And i rekon the twisties is down to the cahooners of the driver, on the limit the celica is cracking. had mine round silverstone and cained it a goodun. was very very impressed with the way she handled when giving it the beans.

But then i also went for a 190. i couldnt bring myself to buy the 140, always wanting the extra poke!! I have the 190 JDM and im wanting more poke now!! Alothough front end traction is a bit rubbish as soon as it gets wet and greasy on pull away, and thats with toyo proxies T1R's!!! Would love to turbo it one day!

What's quicker ? walking by the sound of it

Celica -

Engine Size 1794 cc

Cylinders 4

0-60 mph 8.7 s

Power Output 140 bhp

Valves 16

Torque 173 Nm 125 lb-ft

Top Speed 127 mph

what would i buy ? neither , the flyesta is a car for kids who have little taste and need something they can insure and the 7 is errr a bit slow for my tastes

Edited by izzzzythedog

What's quicker ? walking by the sound of it

Celica -

Engine Size 1794 cc

Cylinders 4

0-60 mph 8.7 s

Power Output 140 bhp

Valves 16

Torque 173 Nm 125 lb-ft

Top Speed 127 mph

what would i buy ? neither , the flyesta is a car for kids who have little taste and need something they can insure and the 7 is errr a bit slow for my tastes

:D

slap.gif

sorry dude but i had no idea they were that slow , im used a o-60 starting with a 6 not near a 9 , if its anything id choise the molesta , sell it and buy a 190

Hahaha. Indeed, when researching the world of celicas, coming from an MR2 turbo, which i went on to put a V6 into, i was going to go for the GT4 ST205 in white, its running the same engine as the MR2 turbo, but with 4x4 and good times/spec etc. but i did fall a little bit in love with the souped up Gen 7 in white - had to be white!! and after more reading - it HAD to be a 190. So went for this white one from a guy in Fife, never looked back! haha. i do miss the rear wheel drive though...

as i have said fiesta ST really does handle well

as you have said it really does depend on the driver!

but out of the two i would buy the fiesta ST personally

gen 7 do look good once kitted up and the only thing that could draw me to get one is rotrex but then again you can get super charger kit for ST so meh!

as for interior being crap gen 7 is pretty shabby to say the least! so i would say that the fiesta is on a par interior wise if not slightly better

fiesta ST's are pretty cheap to insure for what they are also!

an old member on here called mikster use to own a fiesta ST and bought a GT after writing the fiesta off send him a pm to ask him if the fiesta is any good!

there not really two cars you would compare though are they

a super mini against a sports coupe??

the fiesta is in the market to compete with the clio sport,corsa sri,saxo,C2 and alike

a fiesta never claimed to be a hot hatch! it's to small

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.