Hey everyone

Hey everyone just wanted to say high in here, already said it in Newbies but now I can post in the big boys forum.

Been a Celica owner for 4 days now and loving it, I have to say a pair of ccuk stickers is really going to set my car off.

Also any one who lives around the SE London area (I'm in Greenwich) let me know as would like to start going to some meets.

Cheers Mike

Thats brilliant Bluewater and Lakeside are really close to me.

I will get some pictures up soon, I noticed today in the sunshine that the body work looks like someone has been polishing it with a scouring pad, its full of swirls so am going to have a go at it with a claybar then a couple of layers of maquires.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys I look forward to meeting some of you. :lol:

The plan is to get it all looking top banana, while I do this build up a few more years of no claims (as I can't transfer from my motorbike) then start some "tasteful" mods.

Jobs are as follows (in no particular order):

1. Get pin dents in doors popped out by smart repair guy I know from time at Audi

2. Repair parcel shelf pivot points as are mangled

3. Refix parcel shelf cord clip on tailgate

4. Re-attach rear plastic trim in boot, hopefully just new clips but may replace trim panel

5. Get it mop and polished by mate at bodyshop (as I can't imagine me being able to polish swirls out by hand)

6. Replace or refurb alloys

7. Full service with high flow panel filter

I think that's it at the moment, was planning on doing a cam-belt change and gear box oil but looking at the service history the belt was done at 75k (the car now has 103k) and the 'box oil at 90k, so no worries there.

Once all that is sorted I should have a mint gen 6, then for mods probably start with handling, a sensible drop and braces. Then some light cosmetic stuff, front spats, interior light colour change, I have also been toying with painting some of the interior trim gloss black as we used to do a lot of it in Audis (it was called piano black) and it looked sweet.

welcome to the club

there is a bluewater meet soon on the 26th febuary (date not 100% atm) it will be my first time at a meet with the celica guys too. I think you should come lol

chanelle x

Sounds good Chanelle, I will keep an eye on the meet thread and pop down :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.