MOT Failure

cuchilo

Just taken my new gen6 gt for its MOT .... i only bought it last saturday to replace my dead gen6 st bought it off ebay for £400 so i knew it would have a couple of problems but being quite handy figured it wouldn't be too bad ... so here's the list,

n/s cv boot split

rear brake pipes excesively corroded

n/s rear wheel binding (brakes)

licence plate light not working

o/s rear shock absorber leaking excesively

dipped beam too low (both sides)

Luckily i still got my old st parked so can replace some of the bits from that so rear shocks and any bulbs from that. brakes i gonna leave to my garage (£45) the binding wheel is cos i think it was left standing for a couple of months so a quick strip and clean and a shot of wd40 in the right place will sort that out and the dipped beam i already sorted by useing the light adjuster in the car lol. my main problem is the cv boot... i just checked my local parts dealer and he has a universal boot kit which (http://www.carparts-direct.co.uk/?i=262289) as you can see doesn't need the whole lot taking apart, now it says its MOT legal .... but is it?????

any ideas guys

Dave

Edited by cuchilo

pretty sure the rear brakes on all st202 are the same so the ones from your st should work

cv gaitors are a few pound and worth your while getting it done whilst the cars on the ramp for the brake pipes

not a bad fail there,

too be honest i only want to get it through its mot, i plan a major refurb throughout the whole car in the summer (its too bloody cold at the moment) so a quick cheap alternative to the cv boot i think is the plan lol its the split type but i got 10 days to do the work and the weather looks to be closing in again and as i don't have a garage it needs to be quick fixes. but i do take on board what you say and thanks

pretty sure the rear brakes on all st202 are the same so the ones from your st should work

cv gaitors are a few pound and worth your while getting it done whilst the cars on the ramp for the brake pipes

not a bad fail there,

The ST rear calipers have smaller pistons than the GT model.. :)

It could be handbrake sticking on?

Its the rear shocks i need to change from the st to the gt, not the brakes, and they are the same size etc so no probs ... and the mot tester didn't use the load adjuster cos he couldn't find it rofl he didn't ask me! as to the binding brake i agree i think it is the hand brake sticking! so when i change the rear suspension i will dismantle the handbrake assembly and give it a good service .... well! a good clean and lubricate lol and as too "a few pounds" for the cv boot ..... 25 quid .... not exactly a few pounds ..... bloody extortionate i call it for a bit of rubber!!!

Edited by cuchilo

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.