Tegiwa wheel bolts

Gstraw

Hey

Was wondering if anyone has got by Tegiwa aluminium wheel bolts and what they think if them? Are they too soft and as the hex shape on the inside or outside? Thinking of getting a set of black ones but don't want them to look all worn and bashed after a few times of the wheel being off

Thanks!

Hey

Was wondering if anyone has got by Tegiwa aluminium wheel bolts and what they think if them? Are they too soft and as the hex shape on the inside or outside? Thinking of getting a set of black ones but don't want them to look all worn and bashed after a few times of the wheel being off

Thanks!

i have some red ones. the colour will come off if your not really careful with them, i tried wrapping mine in electrical tape to protect them while i were putting them on but they didnt fit in a socket then, so i did it without, and caused minimal damage to them.

Hmm I see. Do you think they were worth the money? Also are you able to take a pic of yours fitted? I can't seem to understand how they would look fitted because they bolts look funny shaped.

How many times have you taken them off and is is a normal socket set that you need? Take it the hex shape is on the outside then?

Also anyother people have aluminium bolts please feel free to comment on your experiences even I they are not Tegiwa

Thanks

I have a set of tegiwa blue anodised wheel nuts with the locking nuts aswell. They are good but I did get one that was soft and the threads stripped out. I was at jae at the time so I just swapped it for another one. I have had the wheels on and off about 6 or so times and they are looking a little chipped in places. For the price I couldn't moan but make sure you get all the nuts including locking nuts to ensure wheel balance is true. All I can say is you pay for what you get.

Matt

For the price I couldn't moan but make sure you get all the nuts including locking nuts to ensure wheel balance is true. All I can say is you pay for what you get.

Matt

Hey

What did u mean about make sure I get all the nuts to ensure wheel balance? I was planning to get 5 nuts per wheel since thats what my wheels take...is that what you mean?

Harwood, any deals on the go? :) sort me out bro!

I'll PM johnyboy, - are the Rays nuts better than Tegiwa? I just want some that look nice

on also any close up pics of the tegiwa or rays fitted? thanks!

I was a little unsure about Aluminium nuts so I went with these steel tuner nuts. They are pretty light weight anyway due to the size and none of mine lost any paint during fitting.

Edited by WILD9

These are tapered nuts.....

You sure they work with the GT wheels? as Tapered nuts are for after market wheels..... (so i read anyway).. Technically speaking Fondmetal Tech 5's are after market but i forgot to see how the hole looks like when i removed a wheel nut.

I'll PM johnyboy, - are the Rays nuts better than Tegiwa? I just want some that look nice

on also any close up pics of the tegiwa or rays fitted? thanks!

Dunno, but rays make some of the best alloy wheels in the world so I reckon they'll be alright! Normally retail for about 130 a set.

thanks for the replies lads,

Sam, ive no idea if they will work....didnt even know there was a difference tbh! anyway I can check?

Im quite temped with the steel ones because its the look/colour im after rather than the fact they are lightweight...I would notice more difference with lightweight alloys before the nuts I think lol

Joe, I cant find that guy at all, can you PM me maybe with a link?

Harwood your wheels look lush!! But I know what was meant earlier about a full set, think I would want my locking wheel nut to also be the same colour/style. Is this how all bolts come or are there bolts out there that offer locking nuts also?

what i mean is that at first i only got four tegiwa ones online and kept my mcgard lock nuts on for protection. this made the wheels unbalanced. stupid i know but i didnt think about it at the time. when i was cruising on the motorway the wheels would judder because they where out of balance. the lock nuts they sell are very good because they look just like the others but with a small change so that you cant remove them with a normal socket.

Im feeling inclined to get the black steel ones because they will be sturdy at least and not be like cheese, its more about if I take the car to the garage and they use that air gun to put them on.

Also has anyone ever had the bolts nicked? like not the alloy wheel, but the actual 4 bolts on each wheel?

Finally, does anyone know what the "seat" is like for the fondmetal tech 5 rims? the seller of the bolts asked me so i can find out if the nuts will fit.

thanks!

Im feeling inclined to get the black steel ones because they will be sturdy at least and not be like cheese, its more about if I take the car to the garage and they use that air gun to put them on.

Also has anyone ever had the bolts nicked? like not the alloy wheel, but the actual 4 bolts on each wheel?

Finally, does anyone know what the "seat" is like for the fondmetal tech 5 rims? the seller of the bolts asked me so i can find out if the nuts will fit.

thanks!

just go out and take one nut off, you'll soon see :)

thanks!

You'll need the flat ended Nuts unlike the after market type which have a 60 degree taper.

The Tech5's are the same as all the other OE Rims on the Gen 7 as regards Wheel Nut type.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.