anyone know this car?

jontyd

"Aircon not working (just needs a regas)" always sets alarm bells ringing to me. A regas is £50, so if you're trying to sell any car, why not spend that £50 on getting it regassed? Unless of course it's actually the aircon pump that's knackered or something else more serious.

"Aircon not working (just needs a regas)" always sets alarm bells ringing to me. A regas is £50, so if you're trying to sell any car, why not spend that £50 on getting it regassed? Unless of course it's actually the aircon pump that's knackered or something else more serious.

I know what your saying but it wouldnt bother me. My old gt4 needed re gassing and i never bothered, my 6 has air con and never used it. It could be the pump as you say but most people wont even bother getting it looked at as its never used anyway so will just assume its a regassing needed.

Because you can't get the gas for Celicas of that age, you need to have it all converted or use the supposed replacement gas that will actually eat the seals and when that's happened you have no choice but to convert.

Plus spending £50 doesn't make it worth £50 more.

what is a fair price for this car?

That's a good example, and I'd expect that to go for good money, should clear the £1k barrier easily but you never know on ebay.

Plus spending £50 doesn't make it worth £50 more.

To me the difference between a working and non working aircon is the value of the car. No aircon, no sale.

But if you're less picky, a fair value would probably be £2k-ish.

Edited by dublet

the guy wants 900 for it, so i guessing there might be something abit more to it than meets the eye.

it's had 11 owners!

he has replaced the front wings

and the previous owner has had most of it resprayed at some stage.

should i steer clear of it?

the guy wants 900 for it, so i guessing there might be something abit more to it than meets the eye.

it's had 11 owners!

he has replaced the front wings

and the previous owner has had most of it resprayed at some stage.

should i steer clear of it?

Do a hpi check, ask what advisories on MOT and go see it, looks very nice by pictures and the red ones do fade so maybe reason behind respray. Replacing both front wings seems odd mind. No harm in viewing it if not far away.

Maybe I should've read the ad more carefully. Red does fade, but why get it resprayed and both front wings replaced? Does that mean it's been in a fender bender? An HPI check won't reveal everything as if it was in an accident, it might not have gone through insurance. Ask to see if you can take it for a test drive and then drive it to an AA vehicle inspection centre.

The aircon on gen 5s never works anyway so who cares????

This car has turned up before and not so long ago, for the life of me i cant remember where, i have a sneaky feeling it might belong to someone over on the GT4DC, if i remember i'll let you know. Dorris

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.