Redex injector cleaner really works

Kevstir

Bought sone redex from asda on offer the other week there, emptied half a bottle into a full tank at let it do it's job, well after a couple of weeks the car feels a good bit more responsive at low revs and just generally running better, the biggest plus is that the odometer was showing 330 miles when the fuel light came on, that is a first as it's usually around 290 when it comes on, obviously every car will be different but if it needs it like mines did it does seem to work .

Ive used it, before my fuel filter change and gunna use the other half afterwards when i get it done. I drive a bit mad sometimes and off £40, which has just ran out, i got 272 mile.

40 / 5 (roughly) = 8

272 / 8 = 34 mpg

even at £6 per gallon would be roughly 45 mpg :)

Not exactly sure how many mpg i got beforehand though

Edited by oMIKEYo

Bought sone redex from asda on offer the other week there, emptied half a bottle into a full tank at let it do it's job, well after a couple of weeks the car feels a good bit more responsive at low revs and just generally running better, the biggest plus is that the odometer was showing 330 miles when the fuel light came on, that is a first as it's usually around 290 when it comes on, obviously every car will be different but if it needs it like mines did it does seem to work .

I use it regularly (at least once a year). If a car's never had a bottle of it before, I'm damn sure it makes a difference. And no harm in a clean-out every so often.

Used to be more fun pouring it into carbs, though. Lovely clouds of smoke out the back. :)

Angus

I use it regularly (at least once a year). If a car's never had a bottle of it before, I'm damn sure it makes a difference. And no harm in a clean-out every so often.

Used to be more fun pouring it into carbs, though. Lovely clouds of smoke out the back. :)

Angus

Lol, i remember taking the old sirocco storm for a blast after using that, left the village in a cloud of smoke :lol:

Ive used it, before my fuel filter change and gunna use the other half afterwards when i get it done. I drive a bit mad sometimes and off £40, which has just ran out, i got 272 mile.

40 / 5 (roughly) = 8

272 / 8 = 34 mpg

even at £6 per gallon would be roughly 45 mpg :)

That sounds about right , I get an average of 34.7mpg. I used this regularly every 2nd tank I fill up.

I've had 450 mile out of a full tank, I get 130 miles from the 1st quarter of tank.

I get 120 miles on 1st qtr, when I floor it lol.

I've been tracking this since I had the car (since sept 2009),

I buy the Redex from Cosco in bulk pack, it comes in bigger 500ml bottles, it works out cheaper too. it was under £4 per bottle (4 bottles in a pack)

Angus

LOL!

I remember back in the sixties fitting one of those Redex injectors into one of my cars (probably my Morris Minor 1000) where you could press a button on the dash which injected the Redex into the carbs while you were driving. Great fun, and especially annoying to anyone following you!

Angus

lol you and me both

and the smell ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Lol, i remember taking the old sirocco storm for a blast after using that, left the village in a cloud of smoke :lol:

i knew there was a reason i liked you , one of my fave cars , must have been a mk1

i wish i could get more than 28mpg

Edited by Bumblebee

Am I wrong to use it once a month? On quarter tank of fuel? In asda its down to £2 for a small bottle.

I always use a concertrated amount on little fuel, say 40 odd miles left and empty an entire bottle.

40 / 5 (roughly) = 8

272 / 8 = 34 mpg

even at £6 per gallon would be roughly 45 mpg :lol:

The only flaw with the above is that petrol is now up to £5.80 a gallon so you need to readjust that a bit :)

40 / 5.8 = 6.9

272 / 6.9 = 39mpg

Of course the best way to measure mpg is from a tank to tank fill up over a few cycles.

272 fron £40, :) ........ thats not fair, £68 324 miles this week.

40 / 5 (roughly) = 8

272 / 8 = 34 mpg

even at £6 per gallon would be roughly 45 mpg :lol:

I remember having the fire brigade called when I was using Redex on the carb on my 2.0S Capri years and years ago... :unsure:

Haha, has anyone tryed forte advanced gas treatment I heard its meant to be pretty good flushing out the system.

I got 360 miles from a £65 tank last year and believe it or not that was my Omega work car, its a 2.5V6 always loaded with tools and this time 2 people and 2 peoples luggage, and im not miss Daisy either lol.... i got a fuel filter to fit to that and il be adding some system cleaner as its not been done in 5 years, due to this i think i should notice some difference.

As far as using a cleaner that often i think it be a waste of money, there wont be any deposits to be cleaned out so no point using it, i would think if you do high mileage then every 6 months may be usefull, otherwise maybe once a year?

Edited by mark3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.