Is a Gen 7 Celica a suitable company car?

wilbo83

I wouldn't go for an Impreza then if you are going to be doing big mileage, well unless you have shares in BP anyway

Even if you get a fuel allowance it is usually a flat rate of so many pence per mile, in which case you will still be paying a hefty chunk of the fuel bills yourself

Fuel allowance is 40p/mile

could the allowance stretch to cover a 5-6 year old Golf or Fiesta/Focus?

Low insurance, low tax, good fuel economy, relatively inexpensive upkeep, & kinda roomy with 4 doors...

They just dont really appeal though, I still want something with decent performance and can be proud of, and attend shows etc

Fuel allowance is 40p/mile

They just dont really appeal though, I still want something with decent performance and can be proud of, and attend shows etc

but just for a company car...?

i'm thinking of a car you can use for work and not worry about parking in a dodgy side-street or have strangers trapsing muddy shoes on the carpets, where you won't mind too much if the alloys (or hub caps) get scuffed in a hurried parking maneuver.....

keep the celica for your own enjoyment outside of work hours

but just for a company car...?

i'm thinking of a car you can use for work and not worry about parking in a dodgy side-street or have strangers trapsing muddy shoes on the carpets, where you won't mind too much if the alloys (or hub caps) get scuffed in a hurried parking maneuver.....

keep the celica for your own enjoyment outside of work hours

Ah, I see what you mean! I hadnt really considered running 2 cars, unless the missus and I swap as she has a fiesta!

Ah, I see what you mean! I hadnt really considered running 2 cars, unless the missus and I swap as she has a fiesta!

yeah... sorry, i didn't mean sell the Celica for a Golf or Fiesta or Focus!! :(

have one 'crappy' car for work business which can take the mileage and abuse... and keep the Celica for fun.

I'm pretty sure if you spend your whole working day in a specific car, it's hard to then enjoy yourself in the same car outside of working hours...

you need to separate work from play.

yeah... sorry, i didn't mean sell the Celica for a Golf or Fiesta or Focus!! :(

have one 'crappy' car for work business which can take the mileage and abuse... and keep the Celica for fun.

I'm pretty sure if you spend your whole working day in a specific car, it's hard to then enjoy yourself in the same car outside of working hours...

you need to separate work from play.

Will take a look on autotrader tonight for some 'crappy' cars! :) Would be nice to have some extra cash to put into the celica although I was also starting to get excited about having something new. Would really want an Impreza but although that is a practical size, it doesnt tick the economy box too well.

Could you not use the car allowance to buy a decent 4dr car, Decent 51 plate avensis can be had for 1-2k then use the money left over for insurance ,tax fuel etc. There is only a real problem if you use the full ammount on the car its self ( unless they stipulate so?)

As I mentioned earlier my celica meets the criteria for my car allowance and its far from std lol.

BTW isn't sheep looking to sell his corolla? Who knows what the future could be but how about getting se7en on the case with a 190 engine and a hop skip and a jump to being the 1st corolla f/I customer of his lol.

Keep the celica, get a 2000 reg golf/skoda or something alike just as a run around, you will end up seeing a return on the 40p a mile. This would cover the cost of the car in no time.

E.g. VW Golf 1.9 Tdi is 54.3 mpg combined. Say fuel is at £1.30 a litre for 1 mile it would cost you 11p so you would pocket 29p. So a for 1000 miles they would give you £400 you would only spend £110 on fuel.

So lets say you do 20k miles a year thats £8000 for fuel allowance you would only spend £2100 meaning you make £5900 for the year which would easily pay for the car.

Edited by tlee05

only problem is you have stated that you want the car to be decent for when you take CUSTOMERS to lunch a scooby ain't gonna be very inpressive to a majority is it??

my bet would be get a 2.0tdi VAG car have it remapped it will be just as quick as you current car if not quicker!

most of the guys with the 2.0tdi 170bhp a3's are running around 210bhp mark after just a re-map 45mpg.

but it depends what your after if i was in your situation i would be going for the sensible option of a nice quality car that will impress clients

yes i am biased!

but what i say is true

scooby as company car just dont work unless you run a tuning company :unsure:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.