MOT or Tax first?

splinter

As in the title, which do i need first, she is sorn and no MOT, tomorrow a new battery will be here, then its ready to get back on the road, just need to now how to do it all legally!!!

Ta.

Im guessing Tax first???

Nope, need an mot certificate and valid insurance to get the tax disc :thumbs:

Okey doke, will be booking an MOT asap then!

Wohoo.

Cant wait to get her back on the road. My brothers shitbox of a saxo is fine just to get me mobile, but my god is it a shitbox. No power steering, crappy brakes, crap handeling, just all round rubbish! haha. Bring on the Celica goodness.

Cheers guys.

also no room for your right foot. ive been hoping ill run into you again at some point, i druel over your car sometimes, its gorgeous.

also you are legally aloud to drive your car with no tax as long as it is on its way to a booked MOT test station

also no room for your right foot. ive been hoping ill run into you again at some point, i druel over your car sometimes, its gorgeous.

also you are legally aloud to drive your car with no tax as long as it is on its way to a booked MOT test station

Well im guessing so. thats why i first suggested getting tax first but was told otherwise!

As for me, she'll be back on the road in a couple of days, then the 17th Jan i will be at warsash, i'll be there for about 10 weeks i think.

You are allowed to drive a car on a direct route to an MOT as long as the car is booked in first then just make sure you are insured drive it straight there ,no nipping to corner shop for a packet of fags or a can of pop.

Then go to the post office with your new MOT and certificate of insurance and the money to tax it (around £1000) either way its robbery,put tax disc in window and enjoy :thumbs:

You sure??

I know you can drive without an MOT to the MOT test but is that the same for tax? Save me a lot of bother if you can

You sure??

I know you can drive without an MOT to the MOT test but is that the same for tax? Save me a lot of bother if you can

Yes you can drive without tax to an MOT as long as the car is booked in at the testing station

Driving an untaxed vehicle to an MOT test

You can drive your vehicle to and from a pre-arranged test at an MOT test station as long as you have adequate insurance cover in place for the use of that vehicle.

This is also for vehicles being driven to and from a pre-arranged test at a Vehicle Inspection Check (VIC) test station, an approved weight testing station and reduced pollution test.

Got this from this

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Ownin...hicle/DG_069671

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.