Welcome to Celica Club UK

Welcome to Celica Club UK, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Use the wealth of knowledge our members have to help with any questions you may have.

Sign in to follow this  
jim7564

throttle body swap now high idling

Question

swapped the throttle body over now engine idling 2000 rpm,had to swap all the sensors from mine incl the spring thingy that screws on the flap

GI4t2cOl.jpg

only thing i can think is that plug sensor thing that fits on the throttle flap

3 answers to this question

1. Check there are no leaks, particularly between idle control valve and throttle body

2. Check the idle control valve is not stuck

3. Check the cable stop hasnt been adjusted so its staying partially open

4. Play with the adjuster screw if its there

Did you swap tps over ? Believe they need setting up again as well.

how long you been running it for ? Once switch power off the mr2 runs high idle for a while before it "learns" the lower one - the idle control valve to own 

sorry guys i thought i had posted that it was fixed,turned out the wee flap under the throttle body was stuck open,and the main throttle flap was not closing properly,

sorted now after reading a how to guide on here.you learn something everyday with these things LOL,easy job to do once you have done it before.

now i need a new clutch

Sign in to follow this