Flocking anyone?

Serratia

I have the opportunity to buy a flocking machine. Anyone who has seen the things I have had flocked will know the quality of the work. Now, its an industrial machine, not one of the small hand held low voltage jobbies and hence its quite expensive. So I was just wondering if anyone would be interested in having any parts flocked like centre consoles, A-pillar trims, headlining, sun visors, interior trim maybe even dashboards. Basically if there is enough work out there to make it worth my while buying it then I might go ahead :)

Edited by Serratia

Haha good call James. I'm hoping they will be some interest from members on here as no one does it. SpotV6 used to do it haphazardly but I don't even know if he does it at all anymore. Plus there is no one up North anyway :)

Here is a pic of the latest batch of A pillars:

IMAG2020_zps4c6e5fe3.jpg

• Like 2

I have all the gear but with everything else going on in paint shop I don't do it much as its seasonal for me, rally cars get built ready for march so flock time in January, till beginning of march.

It's always bought people in as does look good.

Good luck could send some work your way.

It's hard to describe but essentially flock is millions of 1mm fibres stood on end, embedded in a resin-like material that's applied to the object you want to flock. It's very tactile and feels like velvet to the touch. It's quite hard wearing if done correctly and comes in a range of colours.

I'd be interested in getting my dashboard & centre console done mate. Maybe not all at once but that would depend on prices etc. The grey of the pre-facelift interior is getting me down :(

If you get that done then, i can come see it, before i make my mind up if i want it done or not :D

mate, its not top of my priorities at the moment but i've always wanted to have it done, so wouldn't even look elsewhere if a club member with a good reputation had the facilities :thumbs:

Me too, can't afford atm, got to spend a small fortune for MOT, but interesting future project...

Winter is worse for me Ita, get sun in my eyes and reflection from the dash driving to and from work :excl:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.