colour patches from toyota

Havent looked into this myself,wonder if they will just do the more recent 'modern' range of colours,unlike like the gen4 racing pink 3E5 Super Red2

Edited by thesherv

Had some of these when I bought the car. I tried them on the bonnet but I thought they looked terrible. They stood out and I couldn't look at the car without noticing them. In the end I took them off and am getting the bonnet re-sprayed next week. I suppose they would work in a less obvious place where your eye doesn't automatically go to. The problem with this type of thing is that if like me you are OTT about fixing scratches and chips and getting it just right then these patches will never be right for you. If you don't care about your car then splapping a patch on will be fine.

Guest Ambermile

Yeah, that's not good... I kind of thought they were "smoothable" like paint patches but appears they are plastic coloured sellotape effectively. Pity - found another goddamned supermarket ding yesterday :angry:

Edited by Ambermile

These patches are not a new idea, Holts came out with these many years ago, I tried them on my rusting Cortina GT (yeah THAT long ago) they looked more like Elastoplast and therefore bloody awful and they didn't stay on long.

I shouldn't think these "new" ones are any different.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.