What's it worth - G7 05 plate 140 8M6 Blue, genuine 36K only from new

maizey

Just been speaking to a guy who has the above vehicle in his drive and is maybe looking to sell as it is not used and his knees are bad so cannot get out of it easily.At the moment the vehicle is only driven around the block on Sundays.

He is original owner, it's mot'd,service history,original keys,original spare wheel,leather seats.NO sunroof though,3 post spoiler on tailgate,5 spoke orignal wheels have just been painted.

Interior looks very good,slight wear on drivers seat bolster, 3/4 small scrtches to paintwork and a very few stone chips on front.Think he said that it had just had a new battery as previous one failed due to lack of use.

He is not in rush to sell so will ask top money for it.

Ebay and Autotrader advertising similar vehicle's but not with such low mileage.

Would appreciate your thought on this.

• 4 weeks later...

Surprised no one has answered after 3 weeks!

Just my thoughts although i'm no expert, and have no idea as to how much it should sell for.

It is blue with leather seats - does that mean it's a Blue Edition model?

8M6 blue - does that mean it has been resprayed?

Original 1 owner and low milage are good points, but then it really does depend upon how well it has been maintained.

Proof of full service history is a huge bonus, especially oil & filter changes.

Any history of accident damage.

With one honest owner this should be easy to clarify.

I suppose the bad news is despite the low miles and one owner the car is 16 years old so probably needs just as much work as a higher miler to include the overhauling of brakes, suspension, sub-frames, radiators, exhaust, etc...

Sounds like an excellent buy for a project though, i hope whoever buys it preserves the originality.... and doesn't' tart it up like a chav-mobile :doh:

4 hours ago, Crazy Cat Lady said:

Surprised no one has answered after 3 weeks!

Just my thoughts although i'm no expert, and have no idea as to how much it should sell for.

It is blue with leather seats - does that mean it's a Blue Edition model?

8M6 blue - does that mean it has been resprayed?

Original 1 owner and low milage are good points, but then it really does depend upon how well it has been maintained.

Proof of full service history is a huge bonus, especially oil & filter changes.

Any history of accident damage.

With one honest owner this should be easy to clarify.

I suppose the bad news is despite the low miles and one owner the car is 16 years old so probably needs just as much work as a higher miler to include the overhauling of brakes, suspension, sub-frames, radiators, exhaust, etc...

Sounds like an excellent buy for a project though, i hope whoever buys it preserves the originality.... and doesn't' tart it up like a chav-mobile :doh:

Hi Crazy Cat Lady, seems like I can always rely on you for a comment to one of my posts . . .thank you:).

It's not a Blue edition and not resprayed ( Lagoon blue is 8M6 . . . might have the wrong name on this though).

Service history is just about perfect, no accidents ( he's never gone anywhere far enough to HAVE an accident ! ;).

Vehicle has no mods and is standard as hell, its still got the round advertising blurb in the well of the spare wheel . . . .

Thanks for the reply

4 minutes ago, Xanadu said:

Yes, I would agree with that.

:thumbs:

I think £4k is realistic.

My 2004 140 had covered 30k when up for sale in the Spring. £6295 on eBay, and I had five people who wanted it. First one to ring paid £1k deposit by bank transfer based on my description over the phone. Four more genuine calls while the ad' was still live on eBay, waiting for the car to be collected. The price did include two sets of 17" wheels, one Summer, one Winter, and if I say so myself, the pics on the ad' made the car look brand new.

Confess to having mixed feelings on collection day..after 17 years, you can get attached to cars, and this one had been faultless.

12 hours ago, Kev 16v said:

I think £4k is realistic.

My 2004 140 had covered 30k when up for sale in the Spring. £6295 on eBay, and I had five people who wanted it. First one to ring paid £1k deposit by bank transfer based on my description over the phone. Four more genuine calls while the ad' was still live on eBay, waiting for the car to be collected. The price did include two sets of 17" wheels, one Summer, one Winter, and if I say so myself, the pics on the ad' made the car look brand new.

Confess to having mixed feelings on collection day..after 17 years, you can get attached to cars, and this one had been faultless.

Thank you Kev16v, I'll let him know.

Although he has owned it from new it's got to the point now when his bad knees are preventing any use or enjoyment of the vehicle . . .which is a bit sad really.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.