This made my day!

So I popped over to ASDA on Saturday to get some bits and bobs after washing the car.

Pulling into the car park slowly, I saw this kid filming my car on his iPhone as I was reversing into a spot. As soon as I stopped the car and turned off the headlights, the kids mother said:

"Excuse me? Do you mind if he takes some pictures of your car? He loves it!"

So I just replied with "Of course he can!" and started walking into the store. I looked back a few times to see him crouching down taking pictures of the car at different angles.

That put an enormous smile on my face :D just thought I'd share!

• Like 1

Guy who owns the shop i go into came out to see my car tonight and asked if he could take a few pics as his cousin has a red one but wasn't as nice as mine and he wanted to send them to him to make him jealous lol

It does feel great when someone asks to take pics or says "Nice car" it tends to make your day knowing that all your hard work has paid off :D

Best black one w reg or indeed any age going by photos. Are you photoshopping the chips out???

Storm blue metallic is a bitch to get chips out of! That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

The only public comment was from plod who pulled me when I forgot to turn the Kit lights off. "Very tidy sir, but I have to admit I was expecting a 19 year old to wind the window down"

Pffffft!

Edited by daytona

:) It does give you a nice warm feeling when it happens . The firm who done the wheel refurb for me have asked that I take the car back once they are fitted for some pics to put on the office/shop wall for promo purposes :D , I of course said I would be only to pleased to help , just gotta get the old bitch back and running first :angry: .

awesome, some great stories there :)

not had any of this myself really except when I had the gen 2 and folk used to ask what it was, but, best one I remember was when me brother had a CRX delsol SiR back when they weren't that old (90's) and a group of kids on an estate once asked "wow nice car mister, how many exhausts has it got?"

brill stuff.

Does look lovely Geraint. Isn't that astral black rather than storm blue though?

I've had nice comments about mine which always makes me smile given how cheap it was to buy. Noticed a bloke with a cayman s checking it out the other day. He could've saved himself a few quid!

Ger

youve started a epidemic mate hehe ..but why not im always getting people looking especially in town and last night i had a honda civic old shape making all the noise until i started moving and then mine started sounding louder with the growl ...cant wait to get performance filter and a new performance exhaust but the civic sounded not much more noisier than mine ..

great that people want to take pics of a good looking car (gen7 owners will understand ..;)

Awesome :D Good to hear other peoples stories about this sort of thing too :)

Does look lovely Geraint. Isn't that astral black rather than storm blue though?

I've had nice comments about mine which always makes me smile given how cheap it was to buy. Noticed a bloke with a cayman s checking it out the other day. He could've saved himself a few quid!

Indeed it is Astral Black - it's a 140 with T-Sport wheels (I fell in love with those alloys and had to get them). In no way am I pretending that it's a 190 though! I've replaced the VVT-I badge on the back with its newer variant, just to modernise it :D thanks for the compliments :)

That said, I can't wait to have a T-Sport in Storm Blue...

Edited by geraintthomas

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.