Removal of tints

scraff

Hi and sorry if this isn't in correct group but the mrs was stopped this morning by our friends .. He had a check over the car as they do and decided the tints on the car need removing ... As I got it like that I am looking for the best easy way to remove them .

Was thinking about just the two drivers and passenger windows and leaving the rest ?

Cheers

my girlfriend got pulled in her gen 7 due to tints on car, i saw my mate who is a window tinter he said peel it off then with a new stanley knife blade scrape off the glue but dont wet it as it just smears around window.

hope this helps ;)

Window tints are acceptable on the windows rear of the 'B' pillar ie The windscreen and the front side windows to either side of the drivers’ head.

Found this on the VOSA web site

Road Vehicles (Construction & Use) Regulations 1986 as amended specify the minimum levels of light that must pass through the

windscreen and front side windows.

The limits are:

Motor Vehicles first used before 1 April 1985:

The windscreen and front side windows must allow at least 70% of light to be transmitted through them.

Motor Vehicles first used on or after 1 April 1985:

The light transmitted through the windscreen must be at least 75%.

The front side windows must allow at least 70% of light to be transmitted through them.

If the glass is tinted to a point whereby it lets through less light,then the vehicle does not meet legal requirements.

Also take a look at the Road Vehicles construction & use act website.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1986/1078/part/II/chapter/E/made

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.