Gt4 charge cooler

its_true1

Just noticed your sig says ST202,not ST205 ,if thats the case its not a charge cooler you're asking about (unless you have a 3SG-TE turbo swap),if not do you mean the normal engine coolant.If so ideally use Toyota Red stuff. Though your post is for GT4 cooler,if it is GT4 then yeah what the guys above said 

Edited by Sherv

In both cases the Toyota red is the best stuff to use. I've seen inside engines run with Toyota red, and engines run with normal aftermarket stuff.

I also forgot to mention, blipping the throttle with ignition on also provides confirmation the pump is working. It's becoming increasingly common as the age goes up for these to stop working. It's usually worn out brushes in the motor but often worth getting a re-con pump. Available from GT4-play or TCB. Either low level or failed pump will produce the code 54 error.

What I do rather than "blip" the throttle is have my son sit in the car and hold the throttle down at about 3000rpm. The fluid level drops as the pump kicks in, fill it and get the cap back on sharpish :thumbs:. If you've had a "check engine" light because of a low level you must pull the main fuse or disconnect the battery for a short while to get rid of the code and get the ecu to go back to "all good".

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.