Changing ABS Reluctor Ring on gen6

AlexGT

not hard at all mate, when yours is out it will likely fall off then just a matter of pushing new one on after cleaning where it sits well. you will need at least the 2 bottom strut bolts out, maybe the track rod. i can get my shafts out without the trackrod off by using a long bar :)

get it on asap mate, cheap enough and handy done. Just take it handy. I drove mine for 6 months maybe with both front sensors gone, it locked up under heavy breaking so be wary :)

On order,waiting for delivery,try to undo the nuts today,bastard.... broke 2 spanners and ratchet :( well of to a garage then,will let them to have a pain in back side, as iam running low on spanners :D

Silly question, but how do you know it's a broken reluctor ring and not just a sensor gone down ?

I had an ABS issue on mine for nearly 2 years. Turned out to be 2 sensors had died flagging up the ABS error light. Was a real PITA to get the sensors out as I had to drill them out of the hub.

Is it the front drivers side? had the same problem on my SR, just changed the whole CV joint (comes complete with the reluctor ring) Joint was only £13 on ebay, did it two years ago, still fine now, but the bolts came out easily cos I changed the clutch 6 months previously.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.