Anyone used exhaust wadding?

As above anyone used it before?

I've found this one on eBay, it says it expands with the heat so it won't blow out, I just want to reduce the noise slightly.

You get 400g 1 meter for £12

yjyjery4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yer A few times mate but only on bikes , Make sure you pack it tight as when it ages a bit it might blow out although it says it will not lol Ive had this a few times on bike silencers but not frm tweeks !

Doesn't hurt to try I suppose, just don't want it to stop the flow of gasses to much

just repacked the mid box on the Rex..i used

Ceramic Fibre Blanket 25mm- Ceramic Insulation

have quite a bit left over if you want to give it ago ?

You have pm :-)

Its easy on a bike silencer They come apart, Im not sure how you can pack a car one as there solid and welded shut, Only way I could think is put a pipe in it and pack around it so you still have a hole through it .

I could do the mid box easy-ish lol I could do it when I fit the new cat and get some of the rolled stuff and push it in with a pole, the back box I'd just have to push in from the tail pipe, if I use that acoustic boa stuff it expands with best so hopefully wouldn't blow out.

as Paul has said its a cut & pack then re-weld job as the pipe itself isn't bunged up, just the box the pipe runs through ( the pipe has lots of holes in it in the box)

& you fill the void between pipe & the outer skin of the box..

backbox-cutaway_zps0c6e4a37.jpg

you have PM :)

Edited by sh3p

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.