Future of the VVTi

Damnation

It's been 5 months now since I got rid of my Celica and it hasn't got any easier to live with that decision. Everytime I see one I die just a little inside, and yesterday I walked up to one in a car park that parked next to my car, then remembered 'I don't own one anymore' . :cry:

I have every intention of buying another celica,and the fact that there are so many previous gens on the road is comforting. So my question would be:

In 3 years time, would the Gen 7 still be the car it is today ? And for those with the experience of buying Gen 6 <, how do you go about making sure you buy a 10+ year old model which is still in good shape ? Surely as the production stopped around 2006, the numbers will just decrease and it will become more of an 'art' to pick a excellent model.

Thanks!

Edited by Damnation

With 6 and before, it's just a case of ensuring you pick the one with 3S-GE, as it doesn't have any design problems. And also check how careful the previous owners were, more service history is better, even if it wasn't done by Toyota. Also check the usual places for rust. Different generations have different places where rust appears first (or everywhere in a gen 4).

My 7 is 14 years old and very good other than the wear to components because it has 220,000 miles but saying that I drove a 60k gen7 that was 3 years newer and it drove loads worse than mine in terms of engine and suspension , plenty of good ones out there still and suspect 3 years time it still won't be too difficult

My Gt is now 20 yrs old, and I still love him to bits... ok needs his paint work touching up .. but mechanically sound .. last 2 years only costs were the £40 mots.. My 12 yrs old is a different story, not a Toyota, and cost £700 to get through last mot... if it faulters again.. will be getting another jap..

...for those with the experience of buying Gen 6 <, how do you go about making sure you buy a 10+ year old model which is still in good shape ?

There will always be pampered, well looked after examples of any car. The trick is to be patient and wait for them to come onto the market and then act quickly before someone else gets them.

It took me just over a year to find a virtually rust free Gen'5 and lots of disappointing journeys back and forth, but I finally found one for a great price.

The best of luck with your search.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.