Don't buy rubbish gaskets

digs

You're very lucky your turbo wasn't destroyed by that gasket getting sucked in & going through the vanes. Mine was. Penny wise, pound foolish as they say.

TCB is a good source of gaskets etc. Normally quicker than getting from the dealer and you'll get the right one without standing at the counter for half an hour while they try to work out what a gt4 is.

Hmmmm. so can i get a full engine seal pack from MrT for the 2zz engine then? i got a set from Ebay that stated genuine toyota seals, but i have had reservations about them!

TCB do full gasket kits afaik, and they're likely genuine toyota - ask them.

Hmmm, well i cant frind my buyer history on ebay, if thats even where i bought them from. Might have to give up on the set i have, then buy a fresh set. not that i will need them for a while!

My TRD engine will be going in as is.

You're very lucky your turbo wasn't destroyed by that gasket getting sucked in & going through the vanes. Mine was. Penny wise, pound foolish as they say.

Still concerned tbh. I was very annoyed when I saw that. Yup, stupid of me really. Starting to prep my unsold backup turbo in case!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.