Question for you Supercharged and GT4 boys and girls.

Supernova_228

I would be interested to see the result :)

I think the GT4 will launch off from a dig and gain a few car lengths were I think it would hold it maybe the G7 closing up near the end. As a Celica fan of all gens I would love to see the result. I think it's important to remember that the G7 was never made for speed but being a superb FWD car so maybe seeing what the chassis'a are capable of as well would be cool :)

I think by the time the 7 gets traction the gt4 will be in boost in second gear, from there with the spin through the gears on the front wheels I don't think the 7 would catch up. From a roll it'd be interesting but the power/weight would be in the 7's favour so you couldn't have rotrex vs stock. Would be interesting to see.

I've seen the GT4's launch, and if you give no damn for the clutch, that thing will tear away.

GT4 is 25% heavier than the Gen 7 so I think a Rotrex Gen 7 in the dry with an LSD would have the GT4 from standing start or rolling start.

I'd even like to think I'd have a chance at 247bhp and a weight 1145kg.

Whats the power of a stock GT4? I'm pretty sure they weigh about 1440kg.

Edited by Serratia

Just remember - if you put the money that it costs to SC a 7 with the associated stuff like better brakes , LSD ect you would have a seriously sorted GT4.

Totally different cars at end of day - one was made to cheat in the WRC other was designed as a entry level coupe

But it was designed as a entry level coupe - these SC'd cars are far from stock and are doing things the 7 was never intended to do.
I take my hat off to the people that have gone this route but if i was doing it all again id just buy a car with a nice big v8 and have none of these 4 cylinder machines

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.