Paint for spraying up parts.. is Water based ok?

I've got a few bits for the RA28 which need to be sprayed up for fitting. As it's not a stock colour I need to get the paint made up. I've been to the recommended body shop near to me who have told me I'd be ok with 1ltr of paint. I just need to decide what to do about getting it. There is 2 places local to me who can make up the a paint - one will basically try to match it by 'eye' and make up a paint mix for about £40, the other will use a camera to match the colour and make up the paint(water based) for £60. Is water based paitn going to be ok for a chin spoiler ??

lol - it's been a long tiring weekend and I read that post back and it was more centred on what option to go for the colour matching rather than the paint base... I think I'll go with the camera matching option.. Last thing I want is mismatched paint.

Also. Water based paint dries a different shade so the colour in the can is not necessarily what it will look like when dried.

Water base also takes longer to dry then solvent.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.