now its looking much more shinier now the rocker cover

spent more time on the cover this weekend so last weekend and this weekend total 8 hours , i did manage to bring it up a little more shinier but still more work to do and i used autosol too so its looking real good but i think im gonna need to go to 3000 or so wet n dry as i still have smaller scratches in the finish.

but this weekend its starting to really look the part now :

a week ago it looked like this:

IMG_20130526_133310_zpsd5daa4c1.jpg

and more rubbing it looks like this but the back part has been polished as well near the rail :

IMG_20130602_140528_zps156981d4.jpg

IMG_20130602_150913_zpsf45ed5b9.jpg

Bloody hell that's lovely. Is that completely stock, just polished up?

Also, the manifold - any ways of getting that polished? I'm looking to get a 190 at Christmas and the 190's manifold is one of the things that's been on my list to improve.

yeah mate i did that while it was left on the car , and once all the rocker cover has been done i will venture onto the 190 inlet pipes but only once im happy with the rocker 1st , i think i did a pretty good job considering i didnt take it off and didnt use any type of machine too.

basically mate i used 240 ,400,600 , should of used 800 next but went straight onto 1200 and then finally 2500 but from the 600 i used meguars ultimate compound as a lubricant as it does a fantastic job as well as fill in any scratches etc ..

im sure the 190 inlets are basically the same procedures as ive done but are more fiddly i think (fieldy did the inlets on his )

and yep it first started like this :

IMG_20130430_072533_zps54599836-1.jpg

Edited by celica1977

That's incredible! I was dreading the fact that I'd have to take the manifold off, get it sandblasted or sprayed chrome, or even swapped for a stainless one.

Tell you what Celica1977 - you get that inlet manifold as shiny as that rocker cover and I'll buy you a (paypal) pint :P

By the way, did you have to take the rocker cover off to do that?

Tremendous effort!

Is this the one I saw with the whole bay sheeted off for protection last week?

How did you do round the plug caps???

Edited by daytona

hehe well thanks guys but yep Ger i never removed the cam cover what so ever last week i did have it covered so it wouldnt get dirty but then until a mate of mine said use cutting compound instead of water and it wont be as messy ...

well ger i will try when i do it and show you the results , as long as i can remove the cable it should be pretty easy using the same method i adopted from the cover and yep it can be done because a few others have done it on here (fieldy i believe has already done it )

and yep so far its my best modification so far :)

Some serious graft gone into that!

Nice work :)

cheers

Tremendous effort!

round caps ?

Ive told you already leave that one alone and do mine !!!!! :sofa: looks good tho :)

hehe well i guess you better get out there and do it before me then lol ...:)

Tremendous effort!

yep mate its looking much better this weekend though but im still not 100% happy as theres some fine scratches

Wow! I started doing it on mine & spent a good 4 hours on it & looked nothing like as good as that. Dedication to that cause there my friend :)

cheers mate , i did spend two hours on the grade 240 wet sanding and then the rest of the time on the 2500 but ive just got some 3000 off ebay and this weekend i will carry on with that as i need to take out the fine scratches.

quick question guys , if i was to do the inside of the spark plug channel around the spark plug holes and oil cap whats the best way to get around them , should i plug the holes with a wrag then tape over the holes would that work until later when i get a spark plug cover .

Tremendous effort!

oh do you mean the sparkplug areas ? , havent done those yet but that will be the next phase as well as round the oil filler neck and then finally the big job on the inlet pipes (this will probably need much more time on those

That's incredible! I was dreading the fact that I'd have to take the manifold off, get it sandblasted or sprayed chrome, or even swapped for a stainless one.

Tell you what Celica1977 - you get that inlet manifold as shiny as that rocker cover and I'll buy you a (paypal) pint :P

By the way, did you have to take the rocker cover off to do that?

oh dear Ger looks like you owe me something lol :

IMG_20130608_160608_zpsff1236d8.jpg

IMG_20130608_160626_zps755eec44.jpg

Edited by celica1977

cheers bob , yep its a sure worthwhile mod i think especially with engine plastics done (my next task after ive finished all the polishing :)

I am on with my engine plastics at the moment,posted picture on here and CF along with the rocker cover and pipes.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.