gen 6 speedo clocks

Pull.

I used a flat head screw driver to lever it off, just do it under the needle bit as close to the centre as possible, the back bit can ping off. Just go easy, use a bit of kitchen towel under the screw driver to help stop damage to the face.

Yea popped up really easy I used to plastic trim tools as im a mechanic but 2 spoons and some kitchen towel will work as said above to stop any scratches on the clock face and clockin the mileage was a little to easy wanted the uk clocks to say the same mileage as my old one so theres no change on any of my mots.

Cheers all sorted mmm right mileage set now do I go for some custom dials before I put the clocks in. Switching from km to miles as the 118mph limiter was doing my head in.

What did you use {& how} for the conversion ( as mine is also limited to 110 on speedo {though reads in mph, clocks in kph and is about 5 mph over reading}

Cheers in advance for any info/ideas or assistance in answers

Jingo

I dont no if it will work yet but the theory is I have got some uk clocks as a complete and im hoping its just plug and play but will report back once fitted as for the speedo being out take the clocks out take thw front off pull the needle off using said method then on a lonh quiet road using sat nav drive at say 15mph on the sat navthen push the needle on is how im goin to do it then that shoild be it rebuild all back up and check it at other speeds it may not be bang on sat nav speed due to delay and such but a couple of miles an here give ot take should be fine.

Right I can report a uk spec speedo clock unit is not a direct replacement as in u cant just un plug and plug a new one in but what is direct is the speedo clock unit itself in the dash pod (hope makes sense) so what I done was removed my old speedo un done the front plastic see through glass thing un done the four small Phillips screws on the back and pulled the speedo out placed in the uk speedo clocks that count miles in miles and rebuily went and tested it on a private road and whoopy the speed limiter is gone 2 I stopped playin when I hit 142 and returned to 70 mph all ok. So if u have an import that only goes to 120 on the clock u can change it for a uk spec one that goes to 180.

Cool mod :) So the speed limiter is in the clock ?!? Wandering what a replacement clock for 3sfe would be, would the 3sge work or not? Hmmm one way to find out I guess!

Edited by digs

Thats what the clock says but prob barely over 130.

even that still a pretty high number to hit. where you on the fast and furious runway to hit that? i think the clock where lying some how. i always thought you had to get a speedo converter thingy for kph to mph. could be wrong

thays what I thought bout the converter but I have been monitoring my mileage hit the trip switch and drove to Bournemouth which according to sat nav is 52 miles away just as I got to the car park at bournemouth my mileage had just clicked over to 51 miles so I think its all in the speed of the motor turning the numbers that determine whether its km or miles.

you could well be right. ive always thought you had to get the converter or a lot of people get the HKS SLD to take the limiter off. learn something new everyday!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.