anybody know the size of the sump bolt washer on the 2003 tsport

i was chatting to chadmanpaul on fb earlier and hewas telling me he used some copper washers when he did the oil change and hasnt had any issue with leaks etc on his even though it says we are supposed to use the fibre washers from toyota (and the nearest one to me is 25 miles away plus im going there on monday but not before .

any body else used a copper washer as well and can you tell me the sizes i would need

alsos ive just looked i have a black filter on the car with japanese literature near the bottom but surely thats not the original filter from manufacture lol :(

Mate have you phoned Toyota at all? With such a small item it may be worth ordering a couple & then asking if they'll bob them in the post for you.

I was going to suggest Fensport to you, as they're only just over a quid but then they want a fiver to deliver them :lol:

Jeez I haven't seen a fibre washer for a Toyota in friggin' years.

Copper washers are usually easy to over tighten and put out of shape.

Toyota ones for the past 10 years have been an alloy washer with a paper covering on each side.

Regarding the filter, many after market filters are black with Jap writing, makes them look genuine.

ok so what would you guys recommend :

*fibred washer - i hear these can break if done up too tight , also the ones from ebay arent they just for :

x1 Genuine Toyota Engine Sump Plug Washer

Standard Toyota replacement part. 19mm outer diameter and 10mm inner diameter.

Part number: 90080-43037

Fits Models:

Nearly all Toyota Models -

specifically Hilux Pickup, Hilux Surf & Land Cruisers.*

(Does not fit early Mk2 Hilux Pickup

)

*alloy washer -these sound quite strong

*copper washer - ive always used these on all my cars but i was amazed at when my local motorfactors said they are not listed in their books.

so which one should i go for and is the size :

Standard Toyota replacement part. 19mm outer diameter and 10mm inner diameter.

Part number: 90080-43037

also cheers for letting me know about the filter ,cant say id seen a jap oil filter like that before lol

Edited by celica1977

Jeez I haven't seen a fibre washer for a Toyota in friggin' years.

Copper washers are usually easy to over tighten and put out of shape.

Toyota ones for the past 10 years have been an alloy washer with a paper covering on each side.

Regarding the filter, many after market filters are black with Jap writing, makes them look genuine.

so planc are you saying that the alloy ones are better for using from 1996-2006 then

I am saying as far as I am aware the fibre ones are discontinued and Toyota only sell the alloy with paper, I could be wrong though.

But the said alloy and paper in my opinion is the best for any Toyota sumps as they can be reused if needed to be whereas the fibre ones stick to the sump and bung, then they can split on removal. They stick so hard that the need prying off.

People have success with copper but to be honest I think they are shit, I have had a few come back leaking on the likes of Citroen and Peugeot.

You can get solid copper or collapsible copper washers.

For the price of a genuine one, and also the price of a genuine oil filter, I wouldn't compromise.

yeah he was very helpful just to let me know what type they use for that generation celica .i will pop to toyota on monday and get it done on tuesday but tomorrow i have to do oil change on my girls audi and change sparkies (im glad its not as awkward as my previous v6 used to take hours to change them bloody things

well guys i never got any for free and as i found out if they could give me a new bolt but would have to order one it would cost £5.50 so i said nah give me two fibre washers (they seem pretty strong) and done the oil change today and replaced filter no problem but i found there was no washer on the bolt i took out .

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.