How to set a BOV

digs

Hi, have a apexi bov, but I can't have set it up right. Tried to attain boost in my car (st202 3sfe + turbo) but when it reaches boost the bov kicks in and releases pressure. So not getting boost!

The vacuum pipe is running from gauge to map sensor t-off, and it has a screw adjustment.

It was second hand so no instructions !

Nice sound mind :)

Firstly, don't tap into your MAP sensor line!

Your engine makes decisions based on that sensor's readings, so false readings are the opposite of good.

This^^^ You want to take a separate feed from an inlet manifold line

Edited by princy

Cool, that's first issue down ! :) ok, guessing the screw is too loose as well so spring is loose...

Btw, bugger all vacuum places on 3sfe throttle body!

Egr sensor has vacuum from throttle body, not sure if before or after flap, will check

I was on their site earlier...

"Our online shop is now closed, thank you for your interest in our products.

Please email sales @jap-spec-performance.co.uk for any outstanding order enquiries.

NO new orders will be taken.

Many thanks Jamie."

Edited by Adex

There's a blanking plate I have found, so reckon I can take tht off and see if there is screw in nipple bit can use there.

Ah, thanks

Edited by digs

Going to do without bov for now I think as start ensuring boost before adding bits that effect it. Boost gauge only therefore off the map sensor, but will open up the blanking plate and have it coming from there.

Bov can go back on when happy with how it boosts.

Will be doing that early tomorrow morning though !

2 Totally different things bud.

BOV - Dumps unwanted boost (when the throttle body closes) to avoid compressor stall & associated engine/turbo death.

Wastegate - Diverts exhaust gas away from turbo to limit/control boost.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.